Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 12, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RCA K130
PostPosted: Nov Mon 27, 2017 4:06 am 

Is the RCA K130 a desirable set? With four 6F6 outputs, seems like it should be a great player.

Anyone have any information on this set. Any estimate of value?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: RCA K130
PostPosted: Nov Mon 27, 2017 4:20 am 

It's a higher-end console for sure, but because of the credenza styling and large size it's rather low in collector desirability. That aside, I personally think it's a very nice radio and one you'd get a lot of enjoyment with once restored. I always thought that model would've been the best choice to add the rare TT-5 TV attachment to with it's larger flat top.

PostPosted: Nov Mon 27, 2017 12:25 pm 

I restored one a few years ago. It's a great set. Be careful removing the chassis as the tone control is separate from the chassis and connected to the cabinet. You can break the control if you don't know it's there.

I gave mine to my brother in law for his 50th. If i remember correctly it has RCA jacks so you can play an ipod or phone through it. I made him a small transformer/amp for that. He uses it frequently that way.

Steve

PostPosted: Nov Mon 27, 2017 11:32 pm 

Greetings fellow RCA K-130 Owner.

Go to (> http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc ... 1942-C.pdf <) and PDF page number 515, which is the RCA Victor Service Data 1938_1942 page number 498-C for the K-130. Rider's information is available on Nostalgia Air as well.

John

PostPosted: Dec Mon 04, 2017 5:05 am 

Greetings all:

I also have this radio. They are great sets with excellent reception and nice fidelity.

Another thing to watch out for in the this radio is stiff rubber wire. I had to replace a lot of the black wire because it crumbled easily. You could also cover it with heat shrink tubing.

Here is a video of mine on YouTube: https://youtu.be/D1nFD-mJ0gI

Enjoy!

Stan

PostPosted: Dec Mon 04, 2017 6:18 am 

Bondurs wrote:
Greetings all:

I also have this radio. They are great sets with excellent reception and nice fidelity.

Another thing to watch out for in the this radio is stiff rubber wire. I had to replace a lot of the black wire because it crumbled easily. You could also cover it with heat shrink tubing.

Here is a video of mine on YouTube: https://youtu.be/D1nFD-mJ0gI

Enjoy!

Stan

Great video. That really is a beautiful set in both looks and performance. Now you need to put a '39 TT-5 5" TV attachment on top! That'll set you back about 12-15K though, if you could even find one! That would look awesome though.