Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 18, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Philco radio/record console 51-1736
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 5:41 pm 

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, so thank you for any feedback you may have. I have a philco radio/record console model number 51-1736 in working condition and I am having one heck of a time finding its value. I have only come across one picture of it online which brought me to your site. I have tried many different avenues to search its value and can't come across this model number. The model number is still very easy to read so I know that I am not misreading it. Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all

Post subject: Re: Philco radio/record console 51-1736
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 7:55 pm 

Unfortunately most of the late 40's-early 50's consoles that came in big square cabinets aren't particularly valuable, even in good shape or even restored. There's simply not much of a demand for them as they aren't exactly the most stunning to look at or even hi-fi either. If yours is in mint condition I'd say we're looking at $50 or less. These days the big bucks are for the mid-50's-60's consoles in the more Danish modern style...

Post subject: Re: Philco radio/record console 51-1736
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 11:34 pm 

$50 sounds about right. Of course it would have to be in mint working condition. About $25 in non working condition. That 1950s square boxy look worked well for it's time but has little appeal today. When it comes to console radios, people generally like the streamlined look from the 1930s or the European/Danish modern look from the 1960s.