Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Mon 19, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Vintage Collection in Anaheim CA.
PostPosted: Feb Sun 04, 2018 4:25 am 

Was in Anaheim for a few days and before leaving I did a search on Craigslist to see if anyone was listing good radios. Came across this listing:
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/atq ... 12242.html
Attachment:
01313_kx0o1QFhMvM_600x450.jpg
01313_kx0o1QFhMvM_600x450.jpg [ 38.9 KiB | Viewed 346 times ]

"Writing this listing for a friend who wants to sell a large portion of his private collection of tube radios. This is a lifetime collection which is stored in a warehouse in Anaheim.
Radios are consoles and tabletops, mostly 1920's through 1950's. All are tube types. Some need restoration some are ready to use. Expect dust and dirt as this collection has been stored here for many, many years.
ALL SALES WILL BE CASH ONLY.
Bring help to move stuff out. We are seniors and this building is packed.
The more you buy, the better the price will be. Prices range greatly from inexpensive to not so inexpensive, but there are some very nice and rare radios in this building. Be nice to my friend as a kind word and a good attitude always seem to work wonders when negotiating a price.
At least come take a look and see a collection worth seeing. You never know what you might find in here."

Went to the stated address at 9:15 AM and nothing. Ran some other errends and went back around 11 and nothing. Know the address was right because I saw a bunch of gear through the glass door. Really disappointed I missed them. Anyone here know who this might be? Would like to make an appointment next time I'm out that way.

Post subject: Re: Vintage Collection in Anaheim CA.
PostPosted: Feb Sun 04, 2018 4:02 pm 

Pretty much picked over now,was or still could be president of Southern California antique radio society. His private collection. Has been selling his collection for some time. Don't know why there wasn't anybody there. Interest in collection could be gone.

***"Your best teacher is your last mistake"***