Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Wed 20, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Still New Charges on eBay Shipping
PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2018 7:04 am 

Just got a new email from eBay that I've never seen before, titled 'Cost adjustment for shipping labels.'

The first paragraph tries to cheer you up by stating that you will get a refund if you overpaid on shipping, or you will be charged for underpaying. Survey: how many of you have got your refund from the Post Office for sending a package that weighed less than you claimed?

That's what I thought. I have been told to my face by Postal employees that you will not get a refund on prepaid shipping, no matter how much you (over)paid.

I ship mostly USPS, and on heavier items I usually estimate another 5 pounds to be safe, as the PO can send those little notes in the mail saying they are holding your package for additional postage. So all these years I have been paying more for less. BTW, I weigh myself with and without the item with an accurate scale so I know I'm close.

If you dispute the charges you can go on-line at verifypostagehelp@USPS.gov or call their toll free number; who wants to speculate on how well you will do with Customer Care?

I got dinged for an additional $7.66 with them claiming my package weighed 3lbs and 9oz more. So when do I get my refund check for the hundreds of pounds of shipping charges I paid in excess all these years?

Post subject: Re: Still New Charges on eBay Shipping
PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2018 2:00 pm 

On the bright side, from what I understand, your buyer wont be billed the amount underpaid by seller anymore when the post office delivers package, so no negative feedback there. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

If you trust your scales I wouldnt worry about adding weight anymore. I used to do that myself but not again. Its too expensive.

I agree, if they are gonna charge for underpayment they should refund over payment.

PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2018 2:03 pm 

Johnnysan wrote:
Just got a new email from eBay that I've never seen before, titled 'Cost adjustment for shipping labels.'
I got dinged for an additional $7.66 with them claiming my package weighed 3lbs and 9oz more. So when do I get my refund check for the hundreds of pounds of shipping charges I paid in excess all these years?

Look on the bright side. Most likely Ebay didn't get their 10% of that additional $7.66 thereby saving you 77 cents.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2018 9:19 pm 

I just got off the phone with the Postal Service, after filing a claim for the $7.66 they took from me. I asked the lady on the phone about a package I now have for shipment, in which I paid for 9lbs when it actually weighs 6.1lbs.

She said I had to call eBay about that. Appears there really isn't a "Refund" cost adjustment after all.

Update: called eBay tonight and they said call the Postal Service about any refunds. The old runaround.