Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Wed 19, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rare Transvision TV
PostPosted: Mar Sun 04, 2018 10:38 pm 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transvision-7- ... SwGvZamy0i
These sets are some of the very first TV's to become available after WWII. Rare and quite primitive. First one I've ever seen working.

Post subject: Re: Rare Transvision TV
PostPosted: Mar Wed 07, 2018 2:10 am 

Good eye Joe..yeah, that is a really rare set. The only one I ever saw in person was a later model, and it currently sits in the basement of a woman up the street in NJ who will not sell it to me. This one, is the real early one, with a 5 channel tuner. I would buy it in 2 seconds if I was within driving distance.

Post subject: Re: Rare Transvision TV
PostPosted: Mar Wed 07, 2018 5:07 am 

reno219 wrote:
Good eye Joe..yeah, that is a really rare set. The only one I ever saw in person was a later model, and it currently sits in the basement of a woman up the street in NJ who will not sell it to me. This one, is the real early one, with a 5 channel tuner. I would buy it in 2 seconds if I was within driving distance.

I used to think these were undesirable sets years ago until I discovered how rare they are. I actually passed on one at a local garage sale many years ago when I didn't know better and regret it to this day. It was the rounded-top model and I believe it had a blonde finish to boot :x