Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Wed 17, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: 6V6 SE HiFi amp (new project)
PostPosted: Aug Thu 30, 2018 10:49 am 

https://www.esfi.org/program/ground-fau ... upters-613

Preventing Electrocution Since 1973

"Since the first introductions of GFCIs in homes, there has been... a 95% drop in electrocutions caused by consumer products. The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates... "

PostPosted: Aug Fri 31, 2018 3:02 am 

Pbpix wrote:
https://www.esfi.org/program/ground-fault-circuit-interrupters-613

"Since the first introductions of GFCIs in homes, there has been... a 95% drop in electrocutions caused by consumer products. The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates... "
What's your point? That it saves lives? That isn't the issue and it wasn't 'alone' in the safety chain, as you foolishly want to use it.

None of which matters when the outlets don't have a GFCI.

PostPosted: Aug Fri 31, 2018 3:27 am 

Flipperhome wrote:
Pbpix wrote:

What's your point? That it saves lives? That isn't the issue and it wasn't 'alone' in the safety chain, as you foolishly want to use it.

MINE do have GFCI and I use it that way because it's proven safe..

PostPosted: Aug Fri 31, 2018 3:46 am 

Pbpix wrote:
Flipperhome wrote:
Pbpix wrote:

MINE do have GFCI and I use it that way because it's proven safe..
As usual you ignore the issue and flim flam with irrelevancies. I said my issue was with your irresponsible promotion of your transformerless power supply via the internet and posted proof of it which, of course, you completely ignored to flim flam with your personal use. I said that's "your problem," foolish as it is.

Btw, it has NOT been "proven safe." It's been proven a vast improvement when use IN CONJUCTION with the rest of the safety devices and design criteria commonly employed. There is NO "transformerless supply" with exposed wiring approved for use on AC lines, period. The only time a transformerless supply is acceptable is when it, and all associated wiring, is totally enclosed and double insulated.

You simply do not understand safety requirements and are playing with fire with trying to invent your own.

PostPosted: Aug Fri 31, 2018 9:29 am 

Flipperhome wrote:
As usual you ignore the issue and flim flam with irrelevancies. I said my issue was with your irresponsible promotion of your transformerless power supply via the internet and posted proof of it which, of course, you completely ignored to flim flam with your personal use. I said that's "your problem," foolish as it is.

Btw, it has NOT been "proven safe." It's been proven a vast improvement when use IN CONJUCTION with the rest of the safety devices and design criteria commonly employed. There is NO "transformerless supply" with exposed wiring approved for use on AC lines, period. The only time a transformerless supply is acceptable is when it, and all associated wiring, is totally enclosed and double insulated.

You simply do not understand safety requirements and are playing with fire with trying to invent your own.
Your silly accusations are wrong again and out of line.
You have your view I have mine.
I've proven to you that all my published prints ( show transformers) where I suggest and encourage folks to build them are on http://www.pbpix.com/amp or on DIY sites and ALL show transformers!!!
You can continue to weasel around into the images you find on my website and try to pull out various images of any amp as I was building or developing it and from when I was discussing it with fellow ARFers here while under development .... Sure you do that just to try to twist anything into your zealous attempts to save the world.

But the primary prints which I specifically publish all show transformers...
...however if I personally use an amplifier in my home and choose to use it without a transformer, I am totally safe because I use both polarized or 3 wire power cords and GFCI outlets, therefore I see no danger there since the GFCI outlet protects the user safely when it detects as little as 5-6ma of leakage current to earth.

I've told you how safe I know this to be enough times ....and even included links to the GFCI data ... I told you all this now too many times.
Give it up.
How I safely operate my my own gear is not for you to worry anymore.
I know how you think.. I got it.
Give it up now. Thank you.

Drop it.

PostPosted: Oct Fri 12, 2018 5:44 am 

Since this is the end area of this thread I felt that the LATEST version as discussed in the thread should be shown again here as a final :

PostPosted: Oct Fri 12, 2018 8:14 am 

BTW John... I remember you indicating that you were able to get 12v on the filaments using only 12uf dropper cap.
But maybe your AC mains is higher. Like maybe 125v AC or more?
I have now about 122v mains here in NJ.... and now I've also added the CL-90 thermister ( to prevent surge input current from fuse blowing) in front of the dropper cap so the actual voltage at that point now is only 120v AC so I found that 13uf is the correct value dropper with 120v AC.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33