Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Sun 24, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: AM Transmitter Design
PostPosted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 12:31 am 

Macrohenry wrote:
Gip-Gip wrote:
So to make an antenna tuner I just put a ~47nH adjustable inductor in series with C10?

That should be easy to try. I question whether that would do what you want because your oscillator performance probably relies on both legs of C9 and C10 being equal components. Because that oscillator is literally at the antenna, it might foul up the works if an antenna tuner is connected there without a buffer stage. This is why I was asking about the output impedance.

I don't see what it would hurt for you to try, though. Then try the configuration I posted above while leaving C10 as it is. If it doesn't work, it's not hard to add a buffer amp. Those ICs you are using come in packages of 2 amps, so you may have to plan for two chips.

It works!

Just added a ~80nH hookup-wire inductor in series with the whole C10+RV2+N-Inv-in group and it increased the range by over 10 feet(It was <1 foot before)! Soon I'll add a tunable inductor in it's place and hopefully it'll improve it's range even further!

The LT1260 it a triple op-amp and I'm using all three of them.

Post subject: Re: AM Transmitter Design
PostPosted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 5:58 am 

Glad you're making progress.

Gip-Gip wrote:
The LT1260 it a triple op-amp and I'm using all three of them.
If you'd feel bad about having unused amplifiers, one version of it comes with two amplifiers.

Attachments:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 32.57 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]