Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Mon 20, 2018 7:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Schematics for my ARF BCB1 Modular Transmitter
PostPosted: Jan Sat 06, 2018 3:57 am 

Many of you may remember the modular transmitter project we had on here some years back... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=123188

The prototype I built has been on a shelf for a while, although we used it at camp for probably 6 years through the summer at the lake camp and I'd bring it home for winter., with great results. The lake camp went 100mW FM in 2016 and this unit came home for good. But it wasn't a happy camper at home... At times, the oscillator just dumps and the output seems to be a fraction of what it was originally . However, the noise floor here is now awful following installations of "Smart" meters on our gas, electric and water meters. That, and there is several HDTV's and monitors now. I'm going to have to poke around this thing and fix some issues.

Big problem is, I cannot find my original images of the schematics of the unit. We came home from opening the camp up in 2015 to 20" of rainwater in our lover level. Sump pump failed. I lost a LOT of radio gear, computers, parts and my binders with my homebrew schematics in it. So, I know the hard copies are gone. I just wondered if, by chance, anyone may have copies of the pics I posted on here, since they are missing from the site now?

Post subject: Re: Schematics for my ARF BCB1 Modular Transmitter
PostPosted: Jan Sat 06, 2018 8:03 am 

I usually download AM transmitter schematics. With the name of the jpg I can search my computer.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 06, 2018 5:15 pm 

Mike I'll guess you know this(up late or early?), but you can go to original thread and copy the pict address, then paste in your browser to see what it is... The picts were in ARF gallery, which is why I never use this site for hosting pict(admittedly the one I did is still good but is two or three years later)...

PostPosted: Jan Sat 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

Have to "quote" to see the picture file. I searched, no dice.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:10 am 

Well, I tried the "copy link address" and simply get a 404 on the images I posted.

I *may* have these pics sitting on some shelved hard drives. Or on one of my older PC's down under the stairs. If we ever finish getting Christmas stuff cleaned up, I'll have to do some more snooping and drive swapping. I'd really like to get this beast back running again. It sounded awesome.

I probably need some new tubes to start with... those ran a pretty long time. However, my parts are among the planet's largest cluster#$k right now!! I can't find ANYTHING down there ATM. That's an entire week worth of project by itself. I *think* I still had a couple spares, but I'm not sure if they survived the flood or not.

My old workshop that I built this in had been gutted over the summer and is now our hot tub room. I am in the process of moving my studio gear and records into this room, which means I also have to move the wife's computers and stuff to another room she chose as her "office". Then, I'm going to finish a crafting studio, storage room, workshop and family room on the lower level, all this going on at the same time. I need like ten of me to get all this done.

The last three years we've been at the camp from April thru October and this place has been suffering in the meantime. I really miss my stepson being here, but he's in the Navy and been gone 4 years already.

So, it's just me and the wife, working our butts off... literally... I've lost 65 pounds since spring of '14 and the wife lost around 35 - 40. I'm down to around 190 and still drop around 3-5 a month. I'm within 15 pounds of her now. We both have several boxes of clothes that are too large for a garage sale. Thanks to her doing online stuff like Shop Your Way and Swagbucks, I'm not running around in clothes held up with bunji cords! I'll gladly make her an office for that!

LOL I can actually wear her size ten skinny jeans now.

Last edited by boogieman on Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:13 am 

boogieman wrote:
Well, I tried the "copy link address" and simply get a 404 on the images I posted.
Go back and hit edit. Your file names are there. RF+DECK.gif PowerSupply1_001.gif 6AU6+VFO+MODULE.gif

Last edited by Mike Toon on Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:18 am 

Here's what I got from "edit"
http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/d/101123-1/12-22.jpg

I *think* that was the full schematic as of 12-22-09. But it's been a LOOOONG time.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2018 8:30 am 

I am planning on moving this PC I'm on (my most powerful and fastest) to be my main server with all my drives attached, so I can make up a 2TB RAID array with autobackup. This thing sounds like the space shuttle taking off from all the fans and is almost as loud as my voice when the mic is open. It's gotta go. I have 2 PC's with almost the same specs that are whisper-quiet compared to this one. Both together aren't half as loud as this at idle! When it's running full blast, it's almost deafening! Very bad noise floor for doing *any* kind of voice work.

In the process, I'll have to go through probably 24 hard drives to look for old files I don't have on them now. I always tried to keep archived my most important stuff on more than one PC. It's going to be a daunting task, to say the least. I *did* have a 750GB drive go belly up over the summer... I had *most* of it copied to another drive, but some evidently didn't make it.