Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Tue 25, 2018 6:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My new Magic Eye
PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2018 2:04 am 

WOw, wow! another interesting solution!!!

Is full set-up data provided?

Is there a U.S. vendor? I'm concerned about any unexpected import duties into U.S....

I have a French Monopole receiver, of which I don't have the model number handy. It is a stark, large, art deco table top in a blond finish. It will need a rim lock eye tube, $$$ I'm afraid. Such a solution may be feasible as the eye tube mount is in an open unobstructed area...

Besides it is a French product, I like the match :)

Chas

PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2018 2:13 am 

Chas wrote:
WOw, wow! another interesting solution!!!

Is full set-up data provided?

Is there a U.S. vendor? I'm concerned about any unexpected import duties into U.S....

I have a French Monopole receiver, of which I don't have the model number handy. It is a stark, large, art deco table top in a blond finish. It will need a rim lock eye tube, $$$ I'm afraid. Such a solution may be feasible as the eye tube mount is in an open unobstructed area...

Besides it is a French product, I like the match :)

Chas

Yes, complete datas and set-up instructions are provided (but not sure they are also available in english). I don't think there is a U.S vendor but the seller is also on the well-know auction site and ships worldwide.
Search for: FREQUENCEMETRE - VOLTMETRE - OEIL MAGIQUE INDICATEUR D' ACCORD

PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2018 3:59 am 

Tubologic wrote:
Actual size is about the same as the EM34 target and of course the pixellisation can't be seen at normal viewing distance.

This is HUGE, the front size is 31 x 41mm, forget about the back size. How can it be "about the same size as EM34", the EM34 tube diameter is 25mm?

PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2018 4:23 am 

upsss wrote:
Tubologic wrote:
Actual size is about the same as the EM34 target and of course the pixellisation can't be seen at normal viewing distance.

This is HUGE, the front size is 31 x 41mm, forget about the back size. How can it be "about the same size as EM34", the EM34 tube diameter is 25mm?

I meant the display size. The complete module external size is of course larger than a EM34, but the displayed pattern on the screen match the target size of an EM34 (25 mm). This means that (unlike your prototype) it can not be mounted in some radios where space around the eye tube is limited. So far I didn't had any problems as on most European table radios the eye tube is mounted on the speaker board with plenty of space around. Visually speaking, it's the best (solid state) substitution I found so far, but nothing is perfect...

PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2018 4:17 pm 

While the other solution looks good I myself like the simpler one the OP provided.

Now the other one would be good if one wanted to know the other info it provides.