Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 13, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Radio Programs
PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2017 9:39 am 

This link may be of interest if wanting to download old radio shows and I have found it to have quite a large selection and the best I have found. 8)

https://oldradioprograms.us/

Post subject: Re: Old Radio Programs
PostPosted: Dec Tue 04, 2018 6:35 am 

William "Bill" Conrad is listed with having been in over 7,500 Vintage radio shows in both co-starring and starring roles. I doubt any radio actor can match that number. He narrated most of the opening shows of "ESCAPE" and starred or co-starred in many of the episodes, most notably "Linogen and the Ants". Bill Conrad can be heard in many, many other shows from The Adventures of Phillip Marlowe, The Whistler, Suspense, Nightbeat and countless other vintage radio shows.

Of course, Bill Conrad is most famously remembered for his role as the first Marshall Matt Dillon on the original "Gunsmoke" radio show which initially aired on CBS radio April 26, 1952 and ran through 1961. The television version began in 1955 and ran conjunctively with the radio version until 1961 with the scripts for the most part written and all the character development of Marshall Dillon (Bill Conrad), Chester Wesley Proudfoot (Parley Baer), Doc Adams (Howard McNear) and Miss Kitty (Georgia Ellis) created by the brilliant writer John Meston.

In fact, "Gunsmoke" was the last dramatic radio show to be aired from Hollywood in 1961. When the radio version of "Gunsmoke" ended, so did the Golden Age Radio Shows. Many feel "Gunsmoke" to be the best show on the air during the Golden Age of Radio. That is debatable, but "Gunsmoke" certainly made its' mark as did William "Bill" Conrad.