Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 18, 2018 6:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-production MX 1580 4 Channel Radio/Amplifier (Magnovox)
PostPosted: Dec Tue 28, 2010 6:54 pm 

I had a fellow contact me with one of these units. It's a pre-production sample, and is owned by one of the engineers who developed the unit for Magnovox. Very nice fellow, who is getting ready to do some traveling and is selling off what will not fit in his travel trailer.

He said the unit was supposed to have been destroyed after R+D testing, but he managed to save it.

It seems to be a pretty sought after unit by some collectors, and since it's a pre-production unit also, it would seem to be worth saving.

Most of what he told me about it is over my head, but I did get that it's in a walnut cabinet with a brushed aluminum face. It is 4 track, at 100 watts per. He says it was designed to pretty much get the ball rolling on 4 track home stereo and radio, but then the technology never made it into radio broadcast.

Anyone who is interested please PM me your info and I will pass it along to the owner. I have no monetary interest in this, just want to help preserve this piece if possible. He did mention wanting $100, but I don't believe he would object to any offers.