Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sat 25, 2014 7:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Philco console escutcheon
PostPosted: Apr Tue 03, 2012 1:41 am 

I need the escutcheon for this Philco. The sticker inside the cabinet says 41-260 code 121
Brown plastic. I have the dial glass I just need the escutcheon. The radio looks worse then it is in the pics! LOL
Thanks in advance,
Joe
Radio museum link:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_41_260.html

Attachment:
philco 41-260.JPG
philco 41-260.JPG [ 163.36 KiB | Viewed 666 times ]

Post subject: Re: WTB Philco escutcheon 41-235, 240, 245, and certain 260'
PostPosted: Apr Tue 03, 2012 8:26 pm 

The escutcheon on this radio comes on many different models. the philco 41-235, 240, 245, certain 260's, and i'm sure other models as well. If anyone has one please let me know.
Thanks
Joe

Post subject: Re: WTB Philco console escutcheon
PostPosted: Apr Wed 04, 2012 12:58 pm 

I guess this one is close, but no cigar! Philco 41-280. Looks similar, but likely will not work. Available to you or any forum member for the cost of mailing. Mounting hole on the top right side is broken. The rest are OK. Minimal warpage!

PostPosted: Apr Wed 04, 2012 3:41 pm 

I'll take it if the measuremnts are close.. Mine is approx 10.5" long , 4" top to bottom (from the lower front left corner to the top of the plastic side "strip") and about 3" deep from the mounting screw to the front of the escutcheon) it should work for me for the time being until I can find a different one. The one on my radio is warped beyond help, has broken mounting holes and is cracked and faded in spots so this one if close in size will fill in nicely untill I find an appropriate replacement.
Thanks
Joe

PostPosted: Apr Wed 04, 2012 8:56 pm 

Hope you find one that will work Joe. Worked on a neighbors radio with that same bezel (never could spell the other word). The wings that come off the two ends were warped so bad they had pulled the screws out. Only thing I could think of was to carefully cut them away from central part which was not too bad. Then I made wood pieces to duplicate the two missing arms. Actually came out good from 5 feet away. :roll:
Jerry

PostPosted: Apr Thu 05, 2012 2:05 am 

The one on my radio is beyond help. I was even thinking of baking it lightly to try and un-warp it! LOL hopefully the one that Dave has offered will work for now, I could also use a dial glass but the one I have isnt too bad. Just some paint loss here and there. I might be able to save it but wouldnt mind finding a replacement.
Joe

PostPosted: Apr Sat 07, 2012 10:08 pm 

Joe Klein Jr. wrote:
I'll take it if the measuremnts are close.. Mine is approx 10.5" long , 4" top to bottom (from the lower front left corner to the top of the plastic side "strip") and about 3" deep from the mounting screw to the front of the escutcheon) Joe

Mine is 10.75" long, about 4 1/8" top to bottom, but only about 2.5" deep (it is hard to tell, actually). Distance between lower front mounting hole centers is 10.25". From center of top side mounting holes to front is about 2 1/4" There is a prominent raised area about 1/2" high on the top (it is flat underneath where the bezel contacts the cabinet). Also, the sides of mine look thicker than yours.

PostPosted: Apr Mon 09, 2012 6:50 am 

Any of these that look similar should be the same size, I am not aware of two sizes of this one.

HOWEVER, they ALL shrink, some more than others. ALso, some are dark brown others have a lighter mottled look. If you have one of these, do all you can to fix it. I have cut them in half to "stretch" them back out. Then I filled the cut with caulk and painted it brown.
Also, you can re-drill the mounting holes in the cabinet.

Its not a part that is in reproduction, and maybe never will be.

Mark Oppat
www.oldradioparts.net