Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 14, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Variable Condensor for Philco 41-230 or 41-235
PostPosted: Dec Sun 03, 2017 5:49 pm 

Need tuning condenser 31-2472 Could also use insulators and rubber sleeves but not required. Working on bringing aa junker set back to life. Please PM with details. Thanks John Backscheider

Post subject: Re: WTB Variable Condensor for Philco 41-230 or 41-235
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 8:55 am 

WHats up with the original? you can burn out shorts or fine metallic particles out of them if your VC is full of crud. Just did it the other day. I use my 400v DC power supply on the bench, thru a 33K 2 watt resistor. Unhook the cap from any coils first ! After you power it up, rotate the cap and watch all the little sparks ! Keep doing that and shoot tuner cleaner into it too to wash it out.
Mark Oppat

Post subject: Re: WTB Variable Condensor for Philco 41-230 or 41-235
PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 1:14 am 

thanks for the response and idea There are a couple problems. The plates or shaft are bent. In the past I could make some adjustments using thin business card stock but not on this VC. So far attempts to adjust the plates has not been successful. Also one of the threads for adjusting screw is stripped. I have spent several hours tinkering with the VC over multiple outings and decided to check on replacement Thanks again - John