Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Wed 21, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Meissner 10-1104 help! Long Story
PostPosted: Mar Sat 03, 2018 2:37 am 

About twelve years ago I came across a schematic and instructions for a Meissner 10-1104 BC – SW receiver and thought that it would be fun to build one. Shortly after that a couple of the interstage transformers used in the 10-1104 showed up on eBay for a few bucks so I bought them and labeled a box “Meissner 10-1104” and started collecting parts. I watched eBay for the possibility of a chassis showing up but if it did in the twelve years I missed it. My collection is almost to the point where I could actually start buying the “normal” components ( resistors, capacitors, etc ) and think about construction. The ONE really significant part that I am missing is the slide rule dial. It is special in that it has three scales, 540 – 1600 kcs, 5.9 – 18.8 mcs and 0 – 100. Now I am a pretty clever guy and IF I had a good color image of the dial, I could make a replica without too much difficulty but I can’t even find a good image on any of the vintage radio websites that I am aware of and even the monster search engines BING and GOOGLE come up empty. It occurs to me that someone in THIS group might actually have a 10-1104 or at least a piece of literature that has a picture.

Any chance???

Post subject: Re: Meissner 10-1104 help! Long Story
PostPosted: Mar Sat 03, 2018 3:53 am 

Greetings to Ron and the Forum:

I must admit to being a bit confused by your post. Apparently, you do not have any photographs of the 10-1104. Do you have any idea of the physical dimensions?

If you have dimensions, then simply inventing a scale that is appropriate to the size of the front panel will probably be the best you can do. If you have no physical dimensions, then presumably, you will be designing your own chassis and front panel layout.... in which case you can specify your own dial scale dimensions and placement.

If there are no extant photos of the thing, then who's to say that whatever you come up with is not correct?

Jim T.