Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 23, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Westford NEARC meet photos
PostPosted: Feb Sun 19, 2012 10:15 pm 

Attachment:
Westford1.jpg
Westford1.jpg [ 72.84 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]
Attachment:
Westford2.jpg
Westford2.jpg [ 65.84 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]
This is just before opening, with a few dealers in position.

I didn't see all that many Forum members there. I unloaded a couple of RCA punch-card tube testers, a 1930s RCA marine radio and some other stuff, but no luck giving away a DuMont OCG/241 scope (the one described in my book). I brought a dozen or so linear power supplies, mostly 5V and priced at $3, sold only one 28V. So much for you guys who say you want them. They're too heavy to be worth shipping.

Bought three books, gained some space here at home, talked with a bunch of friends.

edit: I see I should have added to the older thread, rather than start a new one. The photo there, shows how many buyers crowded in, once the doors opened.

Last edited by Alan Douglas on Feb Mon 20, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Westford NEARC meet photos
PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2012 12:02 am 

Alan,

You did see the 'most important' and best ARF members at NEARC. :) I noticed your photos were taken before the show opened so there was plenty of room to move around then. After the open, I think the attendance was much higher than many previous shows, maybe because the last NEARC show had been virtually snowed out. It's always fun to connect with others that share this interest (and addiction).

Jack