Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 22, 2018 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beware! Microsoft Windows 10 Update Strikes Again!
PostPosted: Feb Mon 05, 2018 3:42 pm 

Tube Radio wrote:

Get a version of W10 above home edition and you can control updates.

To an extent. I run Win 10 Pro on the HP workstation and it can be set to defer all updates for 30 days and you can avoid "features" updates for over a year but it will force the "required" updates after the 30 days are expired but at least you can hope that MS catches the major screwups in that 30 day period although major screwup is obviously the busiest division in Redmond these days.

The Asus Transformer saga continues. When I did the reset to reinstall Windows last night it first downloaded and installed the "old" version of Win 10 and now it is starting the Fall "Creator" update along with several other updates. It would have been nice for them to just install the current version rather than go through this garbage twice.

Unfortunately there is no easy install of Linux onto the Asus T-100 series because of its specialized hardware. I think it is going into retirement to be replaced by an iPad Pro, prior to Win 10 I never would have believed I would be switching over to Apple.

Rodger WQ9E

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2