Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Fri 24, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with a Pioneer PRO 151 plasma
PostPosted: Sep Thu 21, 2017 2:09 am 

I know the forum states antique tvs but hopefully someone with previous experience on this set can help me. It is one I am working on for someone. It has blinking blue light 8 times, I have replaced the voltage regulator and a couple of smd caps on the one board. I believe its the audio cant remember since its not near me right now but its the standard fix for that error code. My problem is that if I leave it unplugged for 5 or 10 minutes and turn it on it will fire up fine however if it is shut off it will go back to the 8 error code unless you unplug it and wait again. I can find no info on a reset for error codes after repair for Pioneer as I am aware that Sharp and some others have to be reset after repair. You cant get into the factory service mode in this tv without a special factory service remote any ideas on what the issue is and if I do need to reset it? Thanks Sam

Post subject: Re: Help with a Pioneer PRO 151 plasma
PostPosted: Sep Fri 22, 2017 8:51 pm 

Hi Sam.The guys over at Videokarma probably can shed some light on your set in their Flat screen TV section .They helped me on issues with these new sets many times.

If you did not get the service manual yet .Heres the service manual via Elektrotanya.
https://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_pro-15 ... nload.html

http://videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=181

Post subject: Re: Help with a Pioneer PRO 151 plasma
PostPosted: Sep Sat 23, 2017 1:12 am 

Thanks Skip, I do have the service manual got it off of tv tech data. I will give Videokarma a shot and see if someone knows about it. Thanks again. Sam