Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Thu 22, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Eico 369 Sweep Generator and Frequency Counter
PostPosted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 3:23 am 

Moderator:
Please move if this post is inappropriate. I thought it would be a good place to post because it involves TV RF frequencies.

Guys,
I have an Eico 369 Sweep Generator that works very well. I added a bnc jack for a frequency counter on the marker side. It works well up to 77MHz. The Eico then must use a harmonic to get to 220MHz. The frequency counter doesn't register past 77MHz.
Does anybody know what I can do to measure the 77 to 220MHz marker frequency using a counter? I don't want to rely on just the dial scale.

Post subject: Re: Eico 369 Sweep Generator and Frequency Counter
PostPosted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 4:40 am 

Can you find a prescaler that works up to half a gig?

Actually, assuming you need this for the tuner alignment, I wouldn't worry so much. Just align the tuner on the channels that are within the capabilities of your counter. Once this is done, you'll find the Band 3 channels to be not so critical, unless you've really screwed with those little 2 and 3 turn coils. The main thing you need the sweep generator for is tuning the IF bandpass transformer, to get the right shape, that IS critical. The Band 3 front end coils are so broad they won't affect the shape, as long as they are within 20Mhz or so they'll be fine. That should be achievable using the dial markings. The local oscillator tuning for the Band 3 channels can be done on-screen using a frequency-agile modulator.

Post subject: Re: Eico 369 Sweep Generator and Frequency Counter
PostPosted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 5:05 am 

I can use the lower scale and just multiply that reading by 3 and that will work. The "lower" scale goes from 20 to 75MHz while the "upper" scale goes from 60 to 225Mhz. My frequency counter has no trouble reading the "lower" scale.