Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Mon 18, 2019 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Schematic for Telefunken Gavotte 5353w
PostPosted: Jun Mon 26, 2017 12:47 am 

I bought a Telefunken Gavotte 5691 table radio. It is my first radio and I'm looking to restore it. It does not power up at all. I'm looking to replace the capacitors in it, this will be my first radio restoration project. I'd like to get a schematic diagram before I really start working on it, as I've read many radios made in Germany have a more complicated circut design than the ones made in US. I checked radiomuseum but they do not seem to have the schematic diagram for this model, I was going to send Telefunken an email but I've found out they're out of business so there does that. :( Does anyone have any leads to where I might obtain a schematic for Gavotte 5353w model?

Post subject: Re: Schematic for Telefunken Gavotte 5353w
PostPosted: Jun Mon 26, 2017 3:03 am 

Transistorized Gavotte 5691 is the export model for the German domestic model 1691
A four page service manual for 1691 can be download from doctsf.com
https://doctsf.com/grandlivre/fiche.php ... 738&ori=ps

The file is untagged! and you may have to add .pdf to the end of the file name for it to open in Adobe Reader.

Also, you may be OK in this instance, but be aware a lot of the AF transistors can be troublesome.
http://radiomuseum.org/forum/bush_tr130 ... stors.html

Greg.

oh... I've just reread your post, and it's a little confusing as you mention two radios, one a radio with transistors and the other a tube radio!

:) ...here is the schematic for (tube radio) 5353W
https://www.doctsf.com/grandlivre/fiche ... 533&ori=ps

PostPosted: Jun Tue 27, 2017 12:55 am 

Thank you so much. I have no idea how that happened. How I typed 5691 in there I just don't know :? I meant to say 5253W. I guess it's because it was late and I didn't even catch it when I proofread my post. The radio is a tube radio going to start replacing capacitors soon. Thanks again those are some great resources, especially doscf which I haven't heard of before, however they do not seem to have the schematic for 5253W but I think it shouldn't be much different from 5353W.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Jun Tue 27, 2017 1:42 am 

Note that in the future, if you need to change something in your title or text, you can always use the Edit button near the lower right of your posts.

Dave

PostPosted: Jun Tue 27, 2017 1:59 pm 

A more complete eight-page service manual for 5353 W can be downloaded from radiomuseum.org for free.
http://radiomuseum.org/r/telefunken_gav ... w5353.html

Click a schematic page from the right-hand scrolling window, then again in the main center window.
Each page will be emailed to you immediately.
You can only download three pages a day + up to a maximum of ten every 30 days.

If you experience any downloading difficulties... see this→ viewtopic.php?p=2571007#p2570117
pdf attachments are not visible in junk email folders.

Greg.

Edit: Comparing this low-resolution schematic for 5253 WK
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... 969619.jpg
it appears that they both do indeed use the same chassis.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 28, 2017 11:02 am 

Greg, thank you very much for providing me with his resource. Yes, I have requested a few documents from radiomuseum however I have already reached my limit of three pages for today, also I mistakenly requested the wrong page and now I only have a portion of the schematic. I guess I will get the rest later on tomorrow, no rush.

By looking at the low-resolution image of the schematic of 5253W and comparing the two, well with just a half of the 5353W, I can see that they are (almost) identical to my eye which is good since I simply cannot find anything useful on the internet regarding the 5253W, such as it's schematics, original price, year it was produced, however according to radiomuseum it's 1961 ?? ) Only the basic information is available there and a lot of the information was left out blank and not is available.

I believe radiomuseum is the go-to resource for anything schematic and information related but I'm wondering if there are any other sites which you guys know of, foreign or not and which do not show up in the first 10 pages of google search that are worth checking out?

Thanks!

P.S Sorry for bad formatting, can't post links yet (account too new).