Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Sat 17, 2018 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Grundig Transistor 1000, AM/FM/SW1/SW11
PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 10:40 pm 

I am only owner, since late 1960's. Excellent working condition. Is missing treble knob. Never had AC power cord. What is suggested selling value, please?

Post subject: Re: Grundig Transistor 1000, AM/FM/SW1/SW11
PostPosted: Jan Tue 23, 2018 7:17 am 

Its a relatively uncommon model. Price? Id say street value maybe $50/60, ebay/online anywhere from $85 to $100 or so.

I personally have never seen one with the power cord so I can't imagine that would affect the value much.

Post subject: Re: Grundig Transistor 1000, AM/FM/SW1/SW11
PostPosted: Jan Thu 25, 2018 2:33 am 

I have one of these. My sister bought it at a rummage sale for $2 and gave it to me.

It is a middle of the range set, sold as the Concert Boy outside of the US.They came out around 1966 and were sold for about 3 years.

If it is missing parts, it decreases the value. But parts sets can be found online.

The AC cord is actually an adapter that fits inside the radio. Collectors prefer a complete radio. But I think this may have been an option, at least in some countries. A set of modern Alkaline batteries should provide many hours of play.

I would say $25-$60 dollars is probably the range, depending on condition. There are nicer Grundig sets that collectors like more. But the 1000 looks and sounds nice.