Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Wed 14, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Zenith TO 1000
PostPosted: Jan Tue 30, 2018 2:16 pm 

Radio Shack used to sell a set of headphones designed for SWL. I have a pair I use with various Zenith and Hallicrafters sets. I don't know where you would find a similar set today. Probably modifying or adapting a set of stereo phones would be the best route. IIRC correctly, the solid state TO's can produce high fidelity audio through the right headphones.

PostPosted: Jan Tue 30, 2018 4:59 pm 

Ed Morris wrote:
Radio Shack used to sell a set of headphones designed for SWL. I have a pair I use with various Zenith and Hallicrafters sets. I don't know where you would find a similar set today. Probably modifying or adapting a set of stereo phones would be the best route. IIRC correctly, the solid state TO's can produce high fidelity audio through the right headphones.

Yes, they produce very high quality (mono) audio when use either through the "tuner" source, or out the headphone jack. This tells you that the only real limitation in the audio quality is the speaker itself.

Brett

PostPosted: Feb Sat 03, 2018 3:15 am 

Very clean, Colin! I love my 1000-1! Enjoy....

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Dave Doughty Go to page Previous  1, 2