Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Wed 19, 2018 7:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: hanimex 7505
PostPosted: Feb Sat 17, 2018 10:18 pm 

If this isn't a vintage transistor you may delete or move it. I got to he radio meeting just on time and didn't get to chat with anyone about the club auction. I heard shortwave and at $5.00 thought couldn't be too bad even if it didn't work. I took the four batteries out (there bad) and plugged it in and it didn't do anything. So then I put in four good ones and it only made sound, through the speaker, sliding the tone control. Nothing like a station, just static noise.
I have a Philco 46-1201 and Admiral 195 11s that one of the guys in the club is helping me restore, he's doing most all but watching. I do think I can change caps now. Was looking for a cheap shortwave type radio to play with till and after the Admiral is finished. All I have to work with as far as testers is a volt ohm meter.

Thanks for any help

Post subject: Re: hanimex 7505
PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 12:48 am 

Hi Steve,

Are the battery contacts clean, and not corroded.
Check that the output/ear-phone jack socket contacts are not in short-circuit.
There may be an AC-DC selector switch?

Greg.

Post subject: Re: hanimex 7505
PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 3:42 am 

Thanks Greg,
Your picture looks just like mine. I have the operating instructions and it didn't say anything about a ac/dc switch and I didn't see one. I tried the ac plug with and with out the batteries, didn't make a difference. The plastic battery box used a 9v type connection from inside the radio to plastic box. I'll check the output/ear-phone jack socket.
Thanks, I don't seem to find much online. I think I saw some where it might be around 1970.