Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Wed 14, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hammarlund 110 Decal
PostPosted: Jan Sun 28, 2018 3:16 am 

Does anyone know where I can find the decal that goes under the cal knob for the 110 that says" HQ 110"? From the pics I've seen it looks like its made of aluminum. Mine is missing and I need it to help with my restoration. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jimmy KM4PJC

Post subject: Re: Hammarlund 110 Decal
PostPosted: Jan Sun 28, 2018 4:23 am 

Jim,

I have 3 Hammarlund 110's and two of them are missing the same logo under the cal knob. Whoever had that job at the factory was not at their best.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Johnson on Jan Sun 28, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 28, 2018 5:05 am 

LOL. I believe you're right Norm. I thought that quite a few radios are missing them and there are a lot of talented people out there. I was hoping someone had made some and maybe had one for sale. There is always hope.
Jimmy
KM4PJC

PostPosted: Jan Sun 28, 2018 5:41 am 

I bought a HQ-170A VHF a few years ago and when it arrived the VHF emblem was lying in the box. Whatever adhesive they used at Hammarlund for these emblems wasn't the best of quality. The inventor of it probably later went to work for 3M and reintroduced his adhesive formula to create Post It notes.

Rodger WQ9E

PostPosted: Jan Sun 28, 2018 7:42 am 

Perhaps someone could begin with a scan of the emblem? A printer could make a dry transfer decal. The escutcheon would have to be cut and decal applied.
The lettering and numbers by the volume knob on my HQ-129X had worn off and I was able to re-letter it with white dry transfer lettering for a factory-fresh look. There was someone offering silk-screened reproduction front panels for the 129X at one time.
I have seen the scans for the Telechron clock face and the Hammarlund S-meter scale face on the internet for restoration aids.