Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sat 01, 2016 9:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith Bee Hive Speaker.
PostPosted: Apr Mon 09, 2012 2:56 pm 
Inactive

Were these speakers all the same pin outs and field coils. In other words, should work in any chassis that requires the Bee H. speaker.

Post subject: Re: Zenith Bee Hive Speaker.
PostPosted: Apr Mon 09, 2012 3:54 pm 

They were electrically different, depending on the field coil requirements of the particular chassis. For example, those used on a 12 tube push-pull chassis used a speaker with a lower field coil resistance than those used on the 9-toobers. The beehives themselves were identical for the 9 and 12 tube models AFAIK, but the beehives for the 15-toobers had a bigger cut-out on the inside to accommodate the larger output transformer on the speaker. You could probably use a 15-tube beehive with any speaker, but you couldn't use a 9 or 12 tube beehive on a 15-tube speaker.

Bob

PostPosted: Apr Tue 10, 2012 11:09 pm 
Inactive

sofaslug wrote:
They were electrically different, depending on the field coil requirements of the particular chassis. For example, those used on a 12 tube push-pull chassis used a speaker with a lower field coil resistance than those used on the 9-toobers. The beehives themselves were identical for the 9 and 12 tube models AFAIK, but the beehives for the 15-toobers had a bigger cut-out on the inside to accommodate the larger output transformer on the speaker. You could probably use a 15-tube beehive with any speaker, but you couldn't use a 9 or 12 tube beehive on a 15-tube speaker.

Bob

Heres the number on the bee hive speaker S5604 K. How do I find whichZeniths used this part #?

PostPosted: Apr Tue 10, 2012 11:27 pm 

Do you have the speaker that it came with? You could tell that way. I dont think you can tell from the bee-hive #.

Is there a part # on the speaker frame? Should be 49-XXX. The last 3 digits will correspond to the model #.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 10, 2012 11:34 pm 
Inactive

ronij8 wrote:
Do you have the speaker that it came with? You could tell that way. I dont think you can tell from the bee-hive #.

Is there a part # on the speaker frame? Should be 49-XXX. The last 3 digits will correspond to the model #.

I asked the owner to pull the bee hive and tell me the number on the speaker. He wrote back and said there wasn't a number on the speaker. Oh well.

PostPosted: Apr Wed 11, 2012 4:49 pm 
Inactive

Found out the number 49 AB 185 Whats it match up with???
After research I answered my own question, (9S -262, 263, 264 all 12" speakers.