Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Fri 31, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1966 Zenith Turntable Radio Console Radio Issue
PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 5:37 am 

Anyone have a manual or know where I need to look on the console for the tube or part that controls the radio functions? Thank you.

Attachments:
20120702_203628-1.jpg
20120702_203628-1.jpg [ 67.7 KiB | Viewed 858 times ]

Post subject: Re: 1966 Zenith Turntable Radio Console Radio Issue
PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 7:51 am 

The controls are pretty much self-explanitory. Volume, Bass/treble tuning. Band etc. :roll:

When playing a record, set it to Phono..
What else is there that you need to know? You might want to post the model number, someone might have service info when you change the Filter Capacitors on it.

PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 4:19 pm 

I understand that. I wouldn't came here on here otherwise. The nice thing would be not to roll your eyes. I know many of you are experts at such material that's way I am asking. Not to get ridiculed. I understand how to operate it. I'm asking an internal issue with the radio. It was passed on from an individual and I want to keep it and do it right so all can enjoy it. What I was inquiring was about the control for the radio that lied Inside the console since it's not working. All i know is that it is a chassis from 1966 as were still going through an attic looking for the backing. If you can help please let me know. Thank You

PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 5:43 pm 

Basieboy wrote:
I understand that. I wouldn't came here on here otherwise. The nice thing would be not to roll your eyes. I know many of you are experts at such material that's way I am asking. Not to get ridiculed. I understand how to operate it. I'm asking an internal issue with the radio. It was passed on from an individual and I want to keep it and do it right so all can enjoy it. What I was inquiring was about the control for the radio that lied Inside the console since it's not working. All i know is that it is a chassis from 1966 as were still going through an attic looking for the backing. If you can help please let me know. Thank You

I don't think Gary was being snotty, but you only posted a simple frontal photo, and vague sounding post.
You don't know the model of this unit - you stated the back is missing.... a rear photo might help.
And also, since you stated this unit doesn't work, a more detailed decription of the problem is in order.

We're lacking information here - nothing much to go on.

PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 6:00 pm 

Since the back is off, a few snapshots of the "works" may help. Many times model numbers are stamped on chassis. If it's 1966 it might be tube or solid state (transistor.) Probably the latter, and if so, the transistor radio forum will serve you better. So have a look and send us whatever you can.

PostPosted: Jul Tue 03, 2012 11:41 pm 

Understood. The radio/tuner turns on but when it's switched to AM/FM sound doesn't come. I will be back with more details when I have the back. Thanks for your help. Best,

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2012 1:37 am 

Okay I have the model- MN2606 Chassis 26NT20 Hope that helps

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2012 4:21 pm 

Check the antenna terminals on the back to see if one is connected. No antenna will result in no radio sound.

Btw, the schematic for your unit is available from Sams as 843-8. If you intend on working on this unit you'd be wise to get the schem.

PostPosted: Jul Mon 09, 2012 8:34 pm 

Thank you very much. I attached a new antenna and no give. I will refer to the manual moving forward. Thank you again.