Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Wed 20, 2019 2:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith Antenna coil damaged
PostPosted: Feb Sun 15, 2004 5:10 am 

I was asked to fix a zenith 9S232 for someone. <P>Some time in the past someone put a electrical cord on the antenna posts on the back of the radio and someone else decided to plug it in. The result was one side of the coil was damaged. <P>I have looked for another "S-5017" with no luck. <P>Has anyone repaired an antenna coil, If so how. Is there a work around to make the radio operational?<P>Any suggestions would be appreciated.<P>Thanks<P>34jukebox<BR><P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Sun 15, 2004 8:43 am 

Hi<P> Here is a list of some available coils:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a6fla.txt" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a6fla.txt</A> <P> By connecting antenna to AC only the primary would have burned. You could rewind this section. Exact number of turns isn't critical. <P> It's best to repair the coil but you could cap couple the antenna to top of the RF 6K7G tube. Use a very small cap value between the antenna and top of this tube. 50 pf should be ok. <P> <P>------------------<BR>Norm

PostPosted: Feb Tue 17, 2004 1:05 am 

Thanks for the info Norm.<P>You are right it only burnt the primary. The primary on this one has a center tap. What type of wire do you suggest to use to rewind it.<P>I was wondering if you could attach something to the top of the 6K7G tube. I noticed that I could recieve stations if I put my hand on or hear the cap.<P>Thanks<P>34jukebox<P>------------------<BR>