Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Tue 21, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1970's Delco Radio Disassembly
PostPosted: Feb Wed 07, 2018 6:35 pm 

I have a 1970's Delco am/fm stereo radio model 23afm1. I have localized the trouble to the stereo decoder circuit that employs a Delco PN DM14 IC on what I call the audio board. That board includes the ON/OFF/Volume/Tone control that is soldered to the board and also mounted to the front panel.

The main chassis is a "U" that is closed by the front panel assembly. I'm guessing that the front panel has to be removed but that looks pretty complicated as it includes the preset push buttons that seem to connect to the radio innards but I can't see those connections.

On similar, but simpler non-stereo radios, I have removed the U chassis-to-front panel screws on the left side and the volume control mounting nut and then bent the U chassis enough to remove the board. The board on this stereo model is bigger and I don't know if the "bending" method works.

Can anyone give me a clue on how to dissemble this radio?

Thanks
Frank

Post subject: Re: 1970's Delco Radio Disassembly
PostPosted: Feb Wed 07, 2018 8:10 pm 

Been a long time, did hundreds of factory radios in the '70s ;)

A picture might jog my memory. I do remember flexing the case to get boards out.