Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Thu 21, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1965 Astro-Sonic 100 - Receiver Output Low - changes w iput
PostPosted: Mar Sun 04, 2018 5:10 pm 

I'm a novice audio guy with a Fernando - Astro-Sonic 100 model 679. Sounds so good w/ only one side working, would love to get it to a state where I can get the full experience! The receiver is marked chassis 703141 - 12/65, and what I guess you'd call the amplifier section is marked chassis 703119 - 1/66. Does that make this the 1966 model?

Issues:
1. When on radio or aux input, the left side is full and the right side is barely audible and thin. If I flip the RCA's at the amp/speaker section that come from the receiver, the right is then full and left is thin. So I assume the issue is with the output of the receiver.

2. When on phono, the problem is reversed however. The left side is low and the right is full-bodied! This, I believe, is also an issue at the receiver output because if I flip the RCA's coming from the phono into the receiver, there is no change.

Any guidance in where to start or what you suppose the issue likely is would be very much appreciated. I have exercised all the pots and balance knob. I plan to hit it all with contact cleaner but figured before I pull the receiver out, I should have a gameplan for my next steps.