Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Thu 21, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chassie jig ?
PostPosted: Apr Thu 17, 2003 6:10 pm 

I'm getting very tired of chasing chassies around my bench trying to solder lugs I can't get to. Turning it upside down placing weight on things you don't want weight on. Is there a device, some kind of holder, something that will allow me to hold various chassies up off the bench and flexable enough to turn chassie in any direction for easy access to any part of the chassie ? If there is I hope I don't have to put a 2nd lean on the house for it, but I want one. Cheers<P>------------------<BR>Dan

PostPosted: Apr Thu 17, 2003 6:42 pm 

Dan,<BR>There is something commercial available but I don't have that contact information (someone else probably will). I use a set-up I made for a Philco chassis I worked on a year ago. Take four pieces of 1x3 pine and glue/screw them together to form two 'T's. Drill a hole toward the bottom of the leg of each 'T' and invert them on your bench. Slip a bolt through a convenient hole on each side of your chassis (large chassis always have extra holes), slide on a wooden 'T' and secure it with a wing nut (for easy adjustment). I have also used these wooden forms with smaller (AA5 or portable) chassis that didn't have extra holes by using spring clamps to hold the chassis to the forms. This setup has been working great for me.<P>------------------<BR>Vinton Roush<BR>Fairfield, OH

PostPosted: Apr Thu 17, 2003 9:19 pm 

Great ! Sounds like that will work for me too. I'll stop at the hardware store on my way home tonight. Thanks for the post!<P>------------------<BR>Dan