Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Fri 21, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hickok 752 data: can anybody help?
PostPosted: Nov Fri 03, 2017 6:27 pm 

There are only 2-3 testers that do it all. They weigh 100 pounds each and still need adapters to cover all tube types. I built a Utracer to do my curve tracing...

PostPosted: Nov Sun 05, 2017 1:04 am 

Quote:
yes...I am done. I guess I got waaaayyyy too caught up in the "religions" of tube testers

oh NO NO NO you are not, not until you have one of every tube tester ever made. I'm afraid I know what I'm talking about here... or .. perhaps I'm more daffy than I can tell....

PostPosted: Dec Tue 19, 2017 5:29 pm 

UPDATE: I have found 2 pages of WE data for the Hickok 752/A The Code is Hickok 3200-87. IF there is anyone out there that can confirm that those two pages are the complete set made for the 752/A , please let me know . I am in the process of making an excel file which I will then turn into a pdf. The original pdf images I am working from is not good but readable and Hickok-Waekon is still ignoring my requests for test data, so Please help if you can. Once done I will post the PDF here. This is done as best as I possibly can but I accept NO responsibility for whatever happens if you use it.I am doing all that I can but I am not perfect.

EDIT: does anyone know if the 752/A can be made to do noise tests? I am not sure the 752 was designed to ever have a noise test but there are some confusing remarks on this across the web.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 19, 2017 9:59 pm 

I talked to someone at Hickok-Waekon a few days ago. They don't have data for vintage test equipment.

PostPosted: Dec Wed 20, 2017 1:12 am 

Steve Johnson wrote:
I talked to someone at Hickok-Waekon a few days ago. They don't have data for vintage test equipment.

Thank you kind and noble sir! I kinda figured the current company wouldn't have anything but it was worth the try. Still,that is a loss and if that's gone. so is the hope of any OEM data on the infamous Hickok bias pot. Last I knew here, there was a rumbling of a custom run and then nothing came of it. I could be wrong though, and pardon me for digressing again.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 23, 2017 5:05 pm 

Tubetechie105 wrote:
UPDATE: I have found 2 pages of WE data for the Hickok 752/A The Code is Hickok 3200-87. IF there is anyone out there that can confirm that those two pages are the complete set made for the 752/A , please let me know . I am in the process of making an excel file which I will then turn into a pdf. The original pdf images I am working from is not good but readable and Hickok-Waekon is still ignoring my requests for test data, so Please help if you can. Once done I will post the PDF here. This is done as best as I possibly can but I accept NO responsibility for whatever happens if you use it.I am doing all that I can but I am not perfect.

I would love to get a good copy from you of the original Hickok 3200-87 pages so I can post them with the rest of my Hickok data.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 05, 2018 3:28 pm 

Steve Johnson wrote:
Tubetechie105 wrote:

I would love to get a good copy from you of the original Hickok 3200-87 pages so I can post them with the rest of my Hickok data.

Just saw this. I am sorry to ask, but PM me a good email to get it to you and I will email what I have. I am not done with the excel file at the moment sadly, so all I have are two pages of data and in places it is very hard to read( hence the work on the excel). I am all too happy to send what I have though!