Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Fri 22, 2014 2:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gould 3150 oscilloscope questions
PostPosted: Dec Fri 21, 2012 8:19 pm 

hello, anyone familiar with this scope? I am looking for a manual for it o help me understand all the functions it has. When I got it, had (and still have) controls that are noisy, so I took it apart and cleaned all that I could get to except for the switches, they look sealed and I didn't see how to get the board out very easily. My guess is if the switch sections are opened I can squirt some caig into them, but even then I would probably have to unsolder the switch assemblies from the board and then try using the cleaner. Also, something I noted is that when I turn down the volts switches and/or vernier too low, the trace disappears. I had a similar problem with my tek 422 until someone mentioned that I had a control set to cut-off the display below a certain level, but I don't remember what that control was, any suggestions? thanks!

Post subject: Re: Gould 3150 oscilloscope questions
PostPosted: Dec Sat 22, 2012 10:54 am 

On some scopes, there is a trigger level control which sets the threshold at which the sweep starts.
And when the sweep is stopped the beam is blanked. On my Tek 545, both A and B timebases have
trigger level pots that can be turned toward - or + depending on whether I want it to start on a
negative or positive pulse.

Steve Dow
ve7aso@rac.ca

Post subject: Re: Gould 3150 oscilloscope questions
PostPosted: Dec Sat 22, 2012 5:12 pm 

thanks, Steve, that is what I am looking for, let me see if that does the job!