Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: The Souvenir Shop :: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Sat 19, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: singer gertsch fm10c
PostPosted: Mar Sun 24, 2013 4:39 pm 

Good morning all. I picked up the sig/freq meter at a flea market yesterday and am looking for an operators manual. If anyone has one they can copy I would be very happy to pay all costs related.

Greg Howse ve3gph

Post subject: Re: singer gertsch fm10c
PostPosted: Mar Tue 26, 2013 11:36 pm 

whoa, somebody would be copying/scanning for days. I've never seen any scans on the net. The mainframe manual is about 3.5" with foldouts and the ODx/OAx/ analog meter deviation or modulation modules and RFMx modules are separate books. IIRC, mainfrme manual may cover the center frequency plug in. There were also several versions of the FM10C with the earlierst requiring you to dial in an offset for receive functions, the latter versions were direct and either went up to 512mhz or later 1024mhz. Some latter RFM's had a retrofitted doubler kit not made by Singer for receive that is NOT frequency accurate, it's just a uncompensated crystal oscillator/mixer making the unit suitable for reading the deviation of an 800 mhz transceiver. It can be momentarly zeroed against a known source. Some frames include the sawtooth generator to sweep an unlocked decade "V" position, some don't have it. Those that do, usually have a simple diode detector for use with either the OA/OD scope module or an external scope. These were highly customizable with the plug in options specific to a service, much more so then the Cushmans, so you need to know what you have.
IMHO probably the best service monitors ever made and that's coming from someone that owns several HP/Agilent 8900/E8200 series loaded monitors.

First find out what you have and maybe I might be able to dig out something that you specifically need from storage.

PostPosted: Mar Wed 27, 2013 12:09 am 

I have scans of the mainframe, maintenance and operators manuals The mainframe manual is
almost 37megabytes,the maintenance is 3 megs and the operators manual is almost 8 megs.
I could email you the maintenance & operators manuals but most email accounts won't take
a file over 10 megs,so I don't know how to get the mainframe manual to you. I may be able to copy them to a cd and mail them to you. Let me know.
P.S. I have not looked at these lately and so I am unsure of their quality.

PostPosted: Mar Wed 27, 2013 1:10 am 

thanks to both of you (Dawn and Koby) I have three modules and they are RFM 10A, FIM -3, and ODM -1, Dawn, Let me know if you have the info I need I would gladly pay the shipping costs. Koby if you could copy and send me the CD I would really appreciate it. email is greghowse@bell.net. thanks again I really do appreciate it.

Greg Howse

PostPosted: Mar Wed 27, 2013 1:04 pm 

I need your address!