Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 18, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sencore SG165 Calibration
PostPosted: Dec Wed 27, 2017 8:45 pm 

I have calibrated everything except for the AM/FM RF outputs and FM deviation. I don't have a RF nor FM deviation meter. I do have a Tektronix 100mhz DSO. I can measure the RF out put of each but not sure if the observed reading is apples to apples when when using the DSO verses a RF meter. Also, the voltages differ from the low to high frequency end on both AM and FM sides. Spec does not indicate where to set the dial when attempting to adjust each. FM calls for 10mv. AM calls for 100mv. Both go from -10 to +10% of their respective specification at frequency extremes.

Is the Tek DSO OK to measure the RF outputs? Since each varies +or- 10%, from target voltage, should I leave those two adjustments alone? Does that variance have any effect on the intended purpose of that section of the analyzer?
I just got a Rigol 815TG SA for Christmas. Don't know much about it other than some simple exercises that I performed. Would this work for the above if the DSO doesn't and will it be any help for the FM deviation test? Comments appreciated...