Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Mon 20, 2018 1:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sencore SC61 Waveform Analyzer need schematic
PostPosted: Jan Tue 16, 2018 11:28 pm 

Bought one at a swap meet and seller claimed it worked and that he would send me the manual but nothing but disappointment . I'm guessing since it totally dead it's a power supply problem. It looks like the unit is built from the inside out but well made from other aspects. Can't find anything online and wonder if someone has a copy that I can buy or borrow or point me to the elusive site that has one. Or if it's a common problem point me to the area.
Thanks
Hank

Post subject: Re: Sencore SC61 Waveform Analyzer need schematic
PostPosted: Jan Sat 20, 2018 2:11 pm 

Hi,

I had one of these and I do not recall if I scanned the manual when I sold it, I will check when I get home today and let you know.

Additionally, I have some other Sencore gear and needed manuals, I called Sencore and they sold me copies for a reasonable price, have you tried Sencore?

PostPosted: Jan Sun 21, 2018 7:40 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Right now I don't want to spend any more money in what might be a black hole.
Hank

PostPosted: Jan Sun 21, 2018 9:10 pm 

Hi Hank.
I have a set of schematics for the SC61. Its five foldout sheets that are separate from the users manual. I will try to scan them in the next couple of weeks. At this point the only scanner I have online is a pass through scanner, these large fold outs need a flabead scanner with multiple scans per schematic. I will scan and post them in a couple weeks if you can wait.
Jerry
W2JI

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 2:31 pm 

Hi Jerry
Thanks for the offer and I can wait. However, if the schematic for the main power supply would fit a 8.5x11 page that might be all I need. If you have a camera perhaps you could take a pic and send that, otherwise I can wait. Its' been blindly staring at me since last summer, hi hi.
Thanks
Hank

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 11:03 pm 

The schematics, scanner and almost all my equipment are in my storage building in another town. I know where the schematics are and a computer with scanner is up and running there. The shame of it is I was there last Sunday but had not seen your post. I will get there and get the PS or more scanned by weeks end.
Jerry
W2JI

PostPosted: Jan Wed 24, 2018 3:11 pm 

Hi,

I thought for sure that I scanned it before I sold it, sadly I did not (that will never happen again).

I am sorry I could not help, I do have a very extensive collection of manuals so feel free to ask anytime.

here is a link to a very good collection also;

http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals

PostPosted: Jan Sat 27, 2018 2:00 am 

Here is a dropbox link to low voltage power supply and board xray view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/niks7s6zc5s9s ... p.pdf?dl=0

I intend to scan all the schematics but it may be a while. These fold out pages are 26 by 22 inches and five double sided sheets. To do a proper job I need to use a scanner I don't have access to just now.
Jerry
W2JI

PostPosted: Jan Tue 30, 2018 3:31 pm 

Hey Jerry
Great scans, now to see if I can find the culprit.
Will post my success or failure.
Thanks
Hank

PostPosted: Feb Thu 01, 2018 11:24 pm 

The DC voltages were low on the 5,7,8,9 lines because the bridge rectifier didn't have 11 VAC on both inputs. The problem was the 14,15,16 plug was not making good contact. Pulled it on and off a few times and the digital voltmeter came to life and most voltages in spec. But no trace till I used the Beam Finder button and it came up from the bottom of the crt way out of focus, it's bright and I was able to focus it to a nice bright spot. But I can't get the trace to stay up unless I hold the beam finder button and while holding it I can see that the vertical amps respond to noise. Couldn't see any recognizable response from the horizon sweep but it displays a horizontal line about half width of the crt face. Tried refitting all the rest of the plugs but no luck.
II haven't been inside a scope since the 70s and being in the late 70s my memory of what circuits keep the beam up is going to have to be refreshed. So that's the next schematic or block diagram I'll be begging for.
Thanks
Hank WD5JFR

PostPosted: Feb Sat 03, 2018 1:07 am 

No problem Hank. You want to look at the vertical amplifier. I finished two of the five sheets but the vertical amps are on another sheet. Give me a week or so and I should have it all for you.
The problem is these sheets are large, some are in color and some schematics have to scanned in pieces.

I'm embarrassed to say how many oscilloscopes I have but when a friend gave me an SC61 a fell in love with it. Its well worth the effort.

Jerry
W2JI

PostPosted: Feb Sun 04, 2018 3:42 pm 

Hey Jerry
Thanks for the encouragement on the SC61...I've always wanted to play with one. I too have too many scopes but I've quit HP years ago and stuck with Tek except of this venture into Sencore, I guess because it's somewhat unique. Yesterday I found a Tektronix 2465BDV 400Mhz with integrated DVM on top, never saw one before. It's quite dirty, looks like it's been around a heavy smoker with lots of yellowing around the knobs and it fails self test 5. and trace jumps around.. Still mulling it over since's $75.00. Don't know if I'm up to the challenge but who knows.
Hank
WD5JFR

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 3:42 pm 

Here is a link to the completed Sencore SC61 schematics. It also contains parts lists and x-ray views of the circuit boards.
The delay was the scan of the Digital Control Board. Eight scans had to be stitched together. Not my best work but it should be useable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3dt50xdi8a69 ... r.pdf?dl=0

This a temporary link. The file will be uploaded to ebaman.com where it will be permanently available to all who need it.
I hope this helps repair your SC61. Let me know if you need anything else Hank.

If anyone finds an error or problem with this scan let me know.

Good luck Hank.

Jerry
W2JI

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 10:12 pm 

I forgot to post this link. It's the add in Radio-Electronics for the Sencore SC61. Maybe 1983 or so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifkvhsgxav6v5 ... t.pdf?dl=0

Jerry
W2JI