Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Wed 22, 2018 4:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Eico 666 chart for 610A adapter & advice for new tester
PostPosted: Feb Thu 01, 2018 8:48 pm 

OK, so I am not a radio guy ... I am actually a machinist by trade ... but I do dabble in electonics and have several old tube radios I keep going.

I also have about 500 tubes .... just boxes of them, some new, some old, some marked dead or weak.

Anyway, about 20 years ago, I got an old Eico tube tester. Till now it has worked great. Needed servicing once. A buddy how knew way more than I found the problem (don't remember what it was) but said it was simple and fixed it.

I do need to figure out how to calibrate it at some point ... probably has never been done.

I know there is a 610A adapter for it ..... and I think I may have found one at a local shop (I only paid $20 for the tester .... he is asking $50 for the adapter).

Problem ... no paperwork of any type with it.

I did a search on the web ... got the wiring and parts manual but that was all I could find.

It mentioned a supplemental tube chart. With out this chart (not knowing the switch settings) the unit will be useless.

Can anyone tell me what this chart looks like and/or where to find one? Just a PDF copy off the web would be great (I assume it is just a chart .... or maybe it is a complete roll to replace the original or ???).

Also, I have been watching e-bay for a while ... lots of tube testers .... $20 to $1000.

I would not mind a second one as a "spare" but I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Is there any models I should look for ... or any I should avoid ... in say the $50 to $100 range?

Thanks ..... Mike

Post subject: Re: Need Eico 666 chart for 610A adapter & advice for new te
PostPosted: Feb Fri 02, 2018 10:17 pm 

Well I took a chance and bought the 610A .... $40

So now I am hoping with the 666 and 610A adapter I can test most tubes.

I found a couple of charts on the web but I am not sure if they are the newest ones or not.

I also found suggestions on modifications to the 666.

Are any of you guys "experts" ( don't know there can be an expert on a 50 year old machine) or at least very knowledgeable on the Eico 666?

I would like to at a minimum give it a good going over and calibrate it.

I what to know what needs to be done.

Oh ya ... and still looking for the newest tube charts.

Thanks again ..... Mike

PostPosted: Feb Sat 03, 2018 1:34 am 

BAMA has the Coletronics chart from 1978 which includes data for using the 610A adapter. Look in the EICO Directory.
Just Google BAMA and you will find the link.

PostPosted: Feb Sat 03, 2018 7:19 pm 

Awesome!

When there and got everything I could.

The chart is a little off ... probably because it is made for any Eico tester and the adapter.

I also noted on a number of sites people say to be careful ... lots of mistakes in the Eico charts. Hopefully if these are the last ones out, they will be mostly correct.

Thanks .... Mike