Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Thu 21, 2018 5:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Magnavox Micromatic Record player Ground Loop bluetooth Help
PostPosted: Aug Mon 28, 2017 10:58 pm 

Okay so I have a Magnavox Micromatic Record Player. It's a tube amp, and the inputs for the turntable to the amp are rca jacks, I decided to add an auxiliary wire so I got an rca splitter with a built in switch. Then I had the turn table connected and an auxiliary wire connected to I could play my phone. I noticed when I charged my phone it would cause a ground loop hum, so I decided to try a ground loop isolator and they're not working well. I then bought "eskin bluetooth audio adapter" I plugged the rca wires (with a rca ground loop isolator) into the Bluetooth adapter and I still get a slight hum from the Bluetooth being plugged into the wall. Is there any way I can fix this? There is no ground plug on either devices being plugged into wall, and the hum gets louder when I raise volume on the amplifier.

Post subject: Re: Magnavox Micromatic Record player Ground Loop bluetooth
PostPosted: Aug Tue 29, 2017 8:30 pm 

What are the tube types in this phonograph? If it has something like 50C5s, 50L6s, or 50EH5s this means it has a line-operated amplifier with no power transformer. This type of amplifier cannot be connected to an external input.

-David

Post subject: Re: Magnavox Micromatic Record player Ground Loop bluetooth
PostPosted: Mar Wed 07, 2018 2:28 am 

yes it has 50eh5's, I would like to remove the ground loop if possible? is there any simple solution? or would i have to replace the amplifier as well? what would be a good replacement/upgrade for this amplifier?