Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Tue 22, 2018 1:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Will Seeburg U100 woofers work in Q100 jukebox?
PostPosted: Jan Sat 13, 2018 3:41 pm 

For Christmas I got a *rough* Seeburg Q100 jukebox and the woofer cones had been eaten up by rodents. I see someone has some woofers from a U100 jukebox for sale, but they can't tell me the impedance. Does anyone know if these will work in my jukebox?

I'm really impressed with the sound of the amplifier into my home speakers. It doesn't look like the speaker system in the jukebox is very high fidelity though.

Post subject: Re: Will Seeburg U100 woofers work in Q100 jukebox?
PostPosted: Jan Sat 13, 2018 11:22 pm 

Those are not woofers in the Q, they are full-range speakers. There are no high frequency drivers in the Q, if I recall...

So your sound might suffer at the high end if you used woofers from the Mustang, which *did* have high-range speakers and a crossover network. You should be able to use 12" units from an AY or DS model Seeburg.

...or, you could use the U woofers, and a pair of external speakers, which would give you better stereo separation anyway.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 27, 2018 12:15 am 

It has a single 8 inch tweeter and two 12 inch speakers. I saw a complete set on epay but it was for all speakers and more than I wanted to pay since I just need the 12 inch speakers. Another lister had two 12" speakers but said that jukebox had no additional speakers. Thanks for the help-- I now know that they are not all interchangeable.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 27, 2018 6:56 am 

Hmmm, I was going on memory, I did not remember the 8" driver...I have a Q, but it's in storage, wayyyy in the back. I did notice a pair of 12" drivers from an AY on eBay the other day, and I know those are full-range, since that's all an AY has (I've got one of those in my living room...). The AY was the next model-year after the Q.