Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Wed 21, 2018 5:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jukebox By Telephone or Wire - Mirrors
PostPosted: Feb Sun 25, 2018 12:35 pm 

The images below are of two mirrors, we acquired and used by a Pantages Music System. We just finished framing them and using LED's we have lighted them. Framing is caveman like; I am a terrible woodworker! The next image is a Pantages speaker. We do not own that (I can only wish). All part of a system from long ago that for a fee enabled a café, restaurant or bar patron to deposit a coin then request, from a young lady, his/her record selection via a microphone or telephone device. The ladies, the records and the turntables were in a remote backroom, a basement or even miles away. I imagine part of the novelty, for the guys, was speaking to a friendly young lady. Sort of a human powered jukebox. There were other companies with similar systems. The last image is a glass, we've owned for many years, from a Rockola Mystic Music System. The Pantages music system is related to the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood. An incredible, beautiful, theatre that still exists! Thanks to Startgroove for getting my research going and Thanks to Alan for ARF!