Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Wed 20, 2018 4:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith Microtouch 2g x968 console - Spring Tensioning
PostPosted: Feb Mon 26, 2018 10:54 pm 

The zenith microtouch 2g with the 45 adapter in the turntable is a wonderful turntable but does have a lot of little springs it relies on for correct operation. One of those springs holds the idler wheel in place. It allows the speed to be chosen and then pushes the idler wheel back into position. This spring became stretched when I completed a restoration and now I do not know how to retention. If anyone knows a trick to retention that would be great.

I might just need an extra turntable for parts. If anyone has an extra they are not using, I could really use it. The model is a 1967.

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: The spring is circled. It holds the arm down.
1567A744-E4A9-4F89-8B55-AE0965E1B314.jpeg
1567A744-E4A9-4F89-8B55-AE0965E1B314.jpeg [ 33.28 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]

Post subject: Re: Zenith Microtouch 2g x968 console - Spring Tensioning
PostPosted: Mar Sun 04, 2018 3:48 pm 

Gary at thevoiceofmusic.com Cotact him, he can help.

PostPosted: Mar Sun 04, 2018 9:37 pm 

transfermotion wrote:
The zenith microtouch 2g with the 45 adapter in the turntable is a wonderful turntable but does have a lot of little springs it relies on for correct operation. One of those springs holds the idler wheel in place. It allows the speed to be chosen and then pushes the idler wheel back into position. This spring became stretched when I completed a restoration and now I do not know how to retention. If anyone knows a trick to retention that would be great.

I might just need an extra turntable for parts. If anyone has an extra they are not using, I could really use it. The model is a 1967.

Thanks!

Were you able to release the sub platter? I have a 1966 and the platter is off. But I haven't determined the proper way to release the sub platter.

PostPosted: Mar Mon 05, 2018 10:35 pm 

I haven’t needed to remove sub platter, I was able to do all the work by lifting out the turntable. I will check in with Gary, thx!

PostPosted: Mar Tue 06, 2018 5:53 pm 

I checked in with Gary, this is unfortunately a zenith in house changer, not a vm. So, he doesn’t have the specific parts. Hotwax has an extra changer that I am going to buy, that should fix it. I also have a large spring that holds the changer up that is loose, that I will be able to replace. This forum is an amazing resource to keep these vintage record players working. Thank u all. Anyone who knows how these consoles sound knows the importance of keeping them turning.