Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Mon 24, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: For Sale (give away)
PostPosted: Mar Sun 25, 2012 3:19 pm 

PM sent

PostPosted: Mar Sun 25, 2012 3:19 pm 

PM sent

PostPosted: Mar Sun 25, 2012 4:40 pm 

Hi Manny,

Sorry to hear that your giving up the hobby, but I understand. I just read your post, and I'm located just North of Detroit, and just getting into the hobby since I've retired. I would be interested in your consoles if I am not to late, or at least some of them. Please keep me in consideration.

Thanks, Rick Clark

P.S. You can contact me thru the forum, or at:

rickclark7@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mar Sun 25, 2012 5:23 pm 
Inactive

Do the right thing and present the group of radios to your nearest radio club to help them keep going. JMO

PostPosted: Mar Tue 27, 2012 12:12 am 

Manny,

Dan Schardt, (aka "Decotronix" on ARF) might well be the perfect recipient of your collection; he and his young family have had a tough time lately. If you've followed this forum, you may be familiar with his plight:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185925&hilit=decotronix

Over 200 responses to his family's urgent needs have helped them. Perhaps you can, too.

Dan had to sell off his fine radio collection via ARF to help pay seriouly overwhelming bills, and should be good at selling some of what you seek to dispose of. He'd probably be delighted to be able to keep some few of your ( unsellable) items to start his collection again...

Were you to be so generous, it should produce a far happier outcome than were an avaricious eBay flipper/dealer or some greedy old hoarder-collector to get your good stuff. Haven't seen Dan here on ARF lately, so you might send him a PM or phone him directly; he's over in Huron, OH, near the lake.

Whatever you do, your generosity to the ARF community is admired here.
Best of fortune in your new pursuits, whatever they may be.

John

ps- I don't know Dan, sent some money to help, and can't make any informed comments about the man except that he cares greatly for old radios, but far more deeply for what is truly important - his wife and kids. /OTH

PostPosted: Mar Tue 27, 2012 2:21 pm 

OTH wrote:
Manny,

Dan Schardt, (aka "Decotronix" on ARF) might well be the perfect recipient of your collection; he and his young family have had a tough time lately. If you've followed this forum, you may be familiar with his plight:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185925&hilit=decotronix

Over 200 responses to his family's urgent needs have helped them. Perhaps you can, too.

Dan had to sell off his fine radio collection via ARF to help pay seriouly overwhelming bills, and should be good at selling some of what you seek to dispose of. He'd probably be delighted to be able to keep some few of your ( unsellable) items to start his collection again...

Were you to be so generous, it should produce a far happier outcome than were an avaricious eBay flipper/dealer or some greedy old hoarder-collector to get your good stuff. Haven't seen Dan here on ARF lately, so you might send him a PM or phone him directly; he's over in Huron, OH, near the lake.

Whatever you do, your generosity to the ARF community is admired here.
Best of fortune in your new pursuits, whatever they may be.

John

ps- I don't know Dan, sent some money to help, and can't make any informed comments about the man except that he cares greatly for old radios, but far more deeply for what is truly important - his wife and kids. /OTH

I agree.

PostPosted: Mar Tue 27, 2012 3:03 pm 

He's a generous guy for being willing to give it away, and it's his collection he can dispose of it how he wishes, but I hope he gets good value from other deserving collectors.

PostPosted: Mar Tue 27, 2012 4:27 pm 

SmoothOscillator wrote:
He's a generous guy for being willing to give it away, and it's his collection he can dispose of it how he wishes, but I hope he gets good value from other deserving collectors.

Very well said. My own thoughts echos yours exactly.

Best
Ken

PostPosted: Mar Wed 28, 2012 3:51 am 

SmoothOscillator wrote:
"He's a generous guy for being willing to give it away, and it's his collection he can dispose of it how he wishes, but I hope he gets good value from other deserving collectors."

No disagreement here.
Perhaps Manny can cut his collection in half, reward some deserving collectors and also help Decotronix somehow. Unlike Solomon and the baby, a radio collection can be separated with no harm, and perhaps much good.

Whatever he does, Mannyb should be given a place on ARF's wall of honor for his thoughtfulness and generosity.

John

PostPosted: Mar Wed 28, 2012 12:07 pm 

I can second the kind comments here regarding Manny. He first posted an ad on the local Columbus Craigslist. I drove out to his place and bought a couple of radios and test gear. I refurbed some of the test gear I bought and sold them here on the Classified section and got my gas money back for the drive (I kept a couple of items I needed as well). I refinished one Detrola I bought as a gift for a young couple getting married (he is from Detroit). See below

Manny offered to deal with me on anything else but I have a small place and no room for more consoles or his large collection of Sam's. He is a real nice guy who is willing to work with folks on seeing his stuff used by someone who appreciate the collection. I too hope it all finds a good home.

PostPosted: Mar Wed 28, 2012 1:32 pm 

louhaskell wrote:
Manny offered to deal with me on anything else but I have a small place and no room for more consoles or his large collection of Sam's. He is a real nice guy who is willing to work with folks on seeing his stuff used by someone who appreciate the collection. I too hope it all finds a good home.

If there is no interest in the Sam's, perhaps he can donate them to the ETF, they aren't far away.

http://www.earlytelevision.org

PostPosted: Mar Wed 28, 2012 1:37 pm 

Yes, I forgot about the TV museum.. right down the road from me. Also, I have gone to the Columbus Public Library twice now looking for Sams. They have a whole wall dedicated to filing cabinets with Sams. However... both times I traveled down there, the one I needed was missing. The librarian said "Oh well.. sometimes people take them." So, I know they would be happy to take the whole lot down there.

PostPosted: Mar Thu 29, 2012 1:14 am 

Looks like you have a nice auction house there in your town . Drop the load off and get a check in the mail . Otherwise the nearest thrift shop ( but not desertet industries ) they throw anything that does not work into a crucher .

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Moderator: Philco Fan Go to page Previous  1, 2