Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Fri 31, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ebay feedback question
PostPosted: Apr Mon 23, 2012 10:54 pm 

I always leave feedback as a buyer.
Are sellers supposed to leave feedback as well?

Post subject: Re: Ebay feedback question
PostPosted: Apr Mon 23, 2012 11:37 pm 

Feedback has always been voluntary . Never a requirement .

http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Cu ... g=feedback

PostPosted: Apr Mon 23, 2012 11:52 pm 

Thanks
Didnt know if i should bother giving FB any more as I dont get any as a buyer.

Tim

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 4:48 am 

Some sellers hold back leaving feedback until the buyer has left it first. I don't agree with that idea, but that may be what you are running into. In my experience, everybody I've ever bought from on Ebay left me feedback but only about 2/3rds of the buyers ever bothered.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 5:40 am 

As a buyer I leave a feedback for every purchase. As a seller I leave feedback after a feedback is left for me. I do this for 2 reasons
1. No news is good news
2. eBay rules are setup for buyers not sellers. If a buyer send back their purchase and instead of the item they sends a brick. Your can not leave a negative for buyers. Your only recourse is to leave a positive and warn other buyers not to deal with the person. Every item I sell on eBay I look over the buyers feedback left for them and what they have left for others.

If the feedback system was a 2 way street like the old days sellers would not be holding back on leaving feedback to there buyers.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 5:59 am 

As a buyer, I always leave + F/B for sellers who deliver promptly and as advertised, which comprises probably 99% of those that I have dealt with.

Some of them, however, don't bother to leave me F/B.

I used to message them and ask if there was anything wrong with the payment I sent, since I hadn't received F/B, but I really don't bother with that anymore.

As a seller, I will wait to see a F/B hit from the buyer, before leaving one.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 3:48 pm 

I have always wondered about this. In my opinion as a buyer ,once you have sent payment ,you have done your job. So why does the seller wait till I give feedback as a buyer? I am not going to leave feedback till I receive the item and inspect it for damage and see if it is as advertised by the seller. But I always leave feedback if the seller leaves feedback which happens about 75% of the time. Explain why I am wrong to expect the seller to leave me feedback if I have paid for the item.

Frank

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 4:01 pm 

francois8890 wrote:
I have always wondered about this. In my opinion as a buyer ,once you have sent payment ,you have done your job. So why does the seller wait till I give feedback as a buyer? I am not going to leave feedback till I receive the item and inspect it for damage and see if it is as advertised by the seller. But I always leave feedback if the seller leaves feedback which happens about 75% of the time. Explain why I am wrong to expect the seller to leave me feedback if I have paid for the item.

Because, just as you wait to inspect the item to determine whether the seller is a crook, the seller is waiting for your response upon receiving the item, to see whether you're a crook.

Clearly, you personally are not a crook, but there are a number of buyers on ebay who are. I used to leave +ve feedback upon receiving payment, but now I wait to see what, if anything, crawls out of the woodwork.

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 4:57 am 

[quote="francois8890"]I have always wondered about this. In my opinion as a buyer ,once you have sent payment ,you have done your job. So why does the seller wait till I give feedback as a buyer? I am not going to leave feedback till I receive the item and inspect it for damage and see if it is as advertised by the seller. But I always leave feedback if the seller leaves feedback which happens about 75% of the time. Explain why I am wrong to expect the seller to leave me feedback if I have paid for the item.

+1

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 5:07 am 

Withholding F/B as a seller until one is certain that the buyer acknowledges receiving the goods, is happy with them, is not going to try for a partial or complete refund or any other shenanigans, is simply a business model that I use.

Once he or she leaves a F/B hit, I am happy to reciprocate.

There is also the psychological aspect where they just might not be so quick to leave a negative if they are unhappy, without contacting the seller first.

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 7:07 am 

As a buyer only I have always left feed back after the item arrives, mostly so other buyers know if this person is good to buy from. I left negitive feed back once and that was bad but the seller and I just agreed to disagree and it was over. Thank god that was the only bad item I have gotten. If I would have to leave negitive again I would put " Item arrived thank you" and nothing else. IMHO I really appreciate it when people leave feed back so I can check out seller I have not boughten from in the past!! :D :D

Lynn

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 7:23 am 

philcolynn wrote:
IMHO I really appreciate it when people leave feed back so I can check out seller I have not boughten from in the past!!

The site grammar Nazi is gonna getcha! :wink:

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 2:32 pm 

fifties wrote:
philcolynn wrote:
IMHO I really appreciate it when people leave feed back so I can check out seller I have not boughten from in the past!!

The site grammar Nazi is gonna getcha! :wink:

bought·en (bôtn) Chiefly Northern U.S.
v.
A past participle of buy.
adj.
1. Commercially made; purchased, as opposed to homemade: boughten bread.
2. Artificial; false. Used of teeth.
Regional Note: American regional dialects allow freer adjectival use of certain past participles of verbs than does Standard English. Time-honored examples are boughten (chiefly Northern U.S.) and bought (chiefly Southern U.S.) to mean "purchased rather than homemade": a boughten dress, bought bread. The Northern form boughten (as in store boughten) features the participial ending -en, added to bought, the participial form, probably by analogy with more common participial adjectives such as frozen. Another development, analogous to homemade, is evident in bought-made, cited in DARE from a Texas informant.

http://www.myantiqueradio.com

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 3:33 pm 

I thought Lynn was from bOstn.
Lol

Thanks for the Feedback feedback!

Tim

PostPosted: Apr Thu 26, 2012 4:14 am 

I am in Minnesota and of german decent. I my home and taught by my dad boughten is ok to use! I am sure I could have reworded it but since there is no spell check on this forum (that I have found) to tell me it is wrong, you get what i was taught!!! :D

As for the grammer Nazi-I am far from perfect and if you want to correct my grammer do it via PM. :wink:

Lynn :D

PostPosted: Apr Thu 26, 2012 9:50 pm 

From John Prine's Souvenirs

Memories they can't be boughten
They can't be won at carnivals for free
Well it took me years
To get those souvenirs
And I don't know how they slipped away from me