Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Fri 28, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Motorola 7" 7VT2
PostPosted: Feb Thu 24, 2005 2:15 pm 

Im working on the above mentioned T.V. and working up a cap order. My T.V. has been pretty heavily worked on, so I'm not sure the cap values are correct. Does anyone have a copy of the schematic they could e-mail me? Any help is always appreciated.<P>-Jeremy<BR>PS. Its chassis number TS-18.<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Thu 24, 2005 4:47 pm 

Schematic has been e-mailed.<P>Dave<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2005 8:18 am 

Thanks to Dave who was so quick to e-mail me the schematic I was able to start poking around with this set already.<P>I started powering up on the Variac but it was drawing way too much power and the ballast resistor was getting very warm.<P>A quick check revealed continuity in both directions on the selenium rectalfires. I dont know if this is a good way to check them or not, but as I have heard its best to replace them I did so. <P>Aparrently the seleniums were bad, because with diodes I now get power to the set and its not drawing like a madman.<P>I plugged in the CRT and gave her the onion. Sure enough, I got a little line on the screen, blipping down from about the middle and dissapearing into the bottom.<P>The set has been "mostly" recapped. I still have to order the high voltage ones from Justradios, so I cant really go much further right now. <P>I do have a few questions though...<P>1) How do you read those large square "micamold" looking caps? I have a few of these around the chassis, and since I dont know if they are mica or not I'd rather just replace them now. <P>2) There is one of those caps in the high voltage cage on the H.V. transformer. What would be the voltage and value of this one, and should I replace it? I'm a little nervous because I dont want to risk wrecking the coil.<P>-Jeremy<P>------------------<BR>