Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: The Souvenir Shop :: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Wed 23, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rex Bassett Co
PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 4:16 am 

Can anyone tell me anything about the Rex Bassett Co. - who apparently manufactured a model MR3 tube tester, probably during the 1930's or 1940's ?? They also apparently had some connection with the New London Instrument Co. and shared a military contractor ID code (CAHZ) with them.

Thanks,
Chuck N7RHU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 4:32 am 
Silent Key

Found this:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_herstell ... y_id=10522

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 6:57 pm 

Not helpful regarding the tube tester, but Rex Bassett Co. made aircraft and police two-way radios in the late 1930's and was still making various things throughout the 1950's-60's, such as mobile antennas, but not radios or tube testers. I believe they made crystals for the military during WWII under the cage code mentioned. I have some Bassett "helium filled" HF ham mobile antenna coils from the 1950's.

The last time I heard of the company was when it was in Florida in the very late 1970's making a 2-Meter mobile antenna. I get the impression it was a small outfit, the founder eventually retired to Florida, and the company died with him. As seems the case with Sonar, also last heard from in Florida, or Dovetron, which moved to Nogales, Arizona and died with Hank, the founder some years later.