Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Thu 27, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RETRO "STARLITE" TRANSISTOR RADIO WITH COOL FRONT
PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2011 7:33 am 

For sale is a really cool-looking and unusual "Starlite" transistor radio. This is the only one that I have ever seen. It has an interesting metal mesh front with a "Starlite" logo on it! It is very "space-age" looking!!! The front looks to be in nice shape and I could not find any cracks in the case. There is also a little emblem on the front which says "NYAD" (whatever that means). However, the back surface has a considerable amount of scratching, scuffing, etc. Also, one side of the radio as shown in the photos appears to have some deformed portions (maybe heat damage?) in the back and main case (see the photo) and the back is more separated from the main case at this location (there is some warpage to the back). Also, the back fits very loose on the main case and does not seem to want to stay on. There are some dents, dings, and nicks on it elsewhere, but it will look great on the shelf in my view. Also included is the case which has some fraying, scuffs, tattering, etc. (the strap is kind of twisted and I can't seem to untwist it!) I put a battery in it and it plays. But, the volume control seems to be "scratchy" and, when I tuned it, the tuning control moves but is kind of tight. So, if you know how to repair transistor sets, this one will need a little work. All in all, a very unusual radio with a wonderful retro look! Price: $29.99 + 4.95 shipping (add another $1.75 if insurance is desired).

While I have done my best to inspect this radio, it is possible that other damage may be there which I did not notice (since these things are very hard to see on black plastic). Radio is sold as-is with no warranties express or implied. Not responsible for any damages, injuries, etc. resulting from the use of this item and I cannot guarantee that the radio will play on arrival due to movement in shipping, etc. Thanks.