Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Sat 02, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mantola
PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2003 4:36 am 

I need some help identifying a radio. It is an AC, 6 tube set with the following tube line-up: 5Y3, 6SA7, 6SK7(2 ea.), 6SQ7, and a 6K6G. The dial plate reads "Mantola". The wooden cabinet has a stamp on the bottom that reads "Model G53-K6, 110-120VAC, 50 Watts, C.R.& T.C." Another stamp reads G53. This is an AM and shortwave set(6-18Mc). I understand the Mantola brand was manufactured by US Radio & Television Corp. for BF Goodrich. I've searched Riders under both titles with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Bill<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2003 4:57 am 

C.R.& T.C. is Continental Radio and Television Co, which is better known as Admiral. Try looking in Riders under either Contintental or Admiral for a chassis number close to yours. The Continental K6 in Riders 12-11 appears to be a likely match.<BR>Mantola was B.F. Goodrich house brand, and over the years was built by many different sources.<P>Dennis<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2003 5:02 am 

Hi, Bill... The Continental K6 is in Rider's 12-11, and matches your tube lineup.<P>Tim <P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2003 5:07 am 

Looks like Dennis and I were posting at the same time!<P>Tim<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2003 6:15 am 

Dennis, Tim<BR>Thanks a lot, that was quick, you guys were right on target. I'd have never found that, LOL.<BR>Thanks again,<BR>Bill<P>------------------<BR>