Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Sun 23, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RCA 7X Photo
PostPosted: Feb Fri 27, 2004 10:33 pm 

Would anyone have or know where I could locate a picture of an RCA 7X on line. Or post a picture.<P>------------------<BR> Bobby

PostPosted: Feb Sat 28, 2004 12:40 am 

There's a 7X1 on the Archives, a truly remarkable site. Does that help?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.radioattic.com/archives/archive_r3.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.radioattic.com/archives/archive_r3.htm</A> <P>Bill Jeffrey<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Sun 29, 2004 6:25 pm 

Thanks Bill, The radio I picked up, the cabinet looks identical to a 7-T but has the chassis of a 7-X. The 7-T had a transformer type power supply while the 7-X used a 25Z6 rect. and a 25A6 output, no power transformer, other than that very close circuits. <BR> I'm quessing someone slipped the 7-X chassis in this cabinet, unless RCA used either chassis in the same cabinet.<P>------------------<BR> Bobby

PostPosted: Mar Mon 01, 2004 1:52 am 

The RCA red book shows the identical cabinet for the 7T and the 7X. What does the label inside the abinet say?<P>I can attest to the good performance of the 7X (or 7X1, as I have it. <P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Mar Mon 01, 2004 11:38 pm 

Thanks Doug, can't read the tag not much of it left and no model numbers on chassis. I just completed a 7T with the same cabinet as this 7X. I thought that might be the case, RCA using the same cabinet. Thanks to you now I know for sure.<P>------------------<BR> Bobby

PostPosted: Mar Mon 29, 2004 8:32 pm 

I have the 7X completed, even located a speaker like original. As Doug stated a very good performing radio.<BR> All I have left to complete the project is the back of the radio. Many older radio radios came without a back, from the holes at the rear of the radio and the two piece type safety plug on the AC line attached to the back edge of the cabinet, I feel like this one had a back.<BR> A picture of the back would be helpful or a description of the size holes and location of the air holes on the back or any other specifics about the back, did it cover the complete opening? I will make a back but would like it as close to original as possible.<P>------------------<BR> Bobby