Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Thu 23, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith chassis 11C21
PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 9:03 pm 

Hi everyone.<BR>I need help for that chassis.<BR>I recaped the power supply / power amplifier and the radio works great...but I have a problem in the FM section.<BR>I can tune for the stations in the 100MHz band but the sound is (a lot !) weaker than in AM band.<BR>Also, the tuning indicator works only in AM. Is it normal ? Why not in FM ?<BR>Any idea would be great !<BR>Thanks for your help.<BR>Jean-Marie DALLE.<BR><P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 3:02 am 

Hi,<BR>Your diagram and other info is here: <A HREF="http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/717/M0024717.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/717/M0024717.htm</A> <P>The FM band sometimes will need an external antenna for better reception. Some of the info here will tell how to improve reception in the FM band.<P> I did not see a dial cord diagram. Could it be that it is slipping, or have seperate tuning knobs for AM and FM?<P>Your chassis fits into models 12H090, -091 - 092 , -093, and -094<P>Even a weak tube in the Rf section may cause loss of sensitivity on FM.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>gary<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 12:10 pm 

Hi Gary.<P>Thanks for your advise.<BR>I'll try with an external antenna when the weather here will be cooler...It's too hot now for working in my workshop !<P>About the tuning indicator, I wanted to say "tuning eye" or "magic eye". <BR>Sorry for the confusion.<P>For information, the dial cord in this chassis is very simple. No need of diagram for it.<P>Thanks again for your help.<BR>Jamyphx.<P>------------------<BR>