Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: The Souvenir Shop :: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Mon 21, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help! Heathkit AC VTVM Confused mess
PostPosted: Oct Tue 08, 2002 10:15 am 

Recently aqquired a Heath/Schlumberger SM-22A<BR>audio VTVM.Thinking it would be about the same,circuit wise, as the Heathkit AV-2,I ordered an AV-2 manual from my regular manual guy.(He did not have an actual SM-22A manual,anyway.)Well,this manual is apparently not much good for my needs as at the rube complement in the SM-22A is different from the AV-2,**and** the Heath/Schlumberger SM-21A (not to be condused,here with the SM-22A)schematic(which my supplier thought might be equivelent to the SM-22,so he included it....) is **also** a completely different beast...it is a standard(not audio) VTVM.<BR>Just to make life more interesting,the numbers are completely missing from one tube in my SM-22A.They flaked off ,like powder and there is nothing left to read,period.<BR>So......I need a kind person to tell me what tubes were used in the SM-22A and if anyone has a schematic or anything else for this model VTVM,I would appreciate any help any one can give me.Since I already apid for one incorrect manual and one incorrect schematic,I am naturally not inclined to order another manual at this point at the usual manual prices.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Malcolm<P>------------------<BR>

Post subject: Help! Heathkit AC VTVM Confused mess
PostPosted: Oct Wed 09, 2002 12:41 pm 

Today,I was able to determine that my SM-22A is directly equivelent to the Heathkit IM-21.I was able to find a downloadable copy of the IM-21 schematic,so I guess I won't need help after all.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Malcolm<P>------------------<BR>