Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Thu 31, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: KUBA Limone console radio (questions).
PostPosted: Apr Mon 07, 2008 7:18 pm 

Anyone know where I can get a schematic or even a copy of a schematic for a Kuba Limone radio. I just picked up this unit the other weekend at an Antique store and it needs some service.

Thanks,

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Mon 07, 2008 10:49 pm 

Hi Tony,

Kuba was a German manufacturer who made a limited number of console radio/phonographs in 1957/58. Most of the models used the same 10 tube radio model 832, while the cabinet kept changing appearance. There are 12 models listed at www.Radiomuseum.org where you can probably get a schematic, however, I would first try to find a model number on your set since a few of the units had a different model (#822) radio inside.
All the units listed in the Radiomuseum site have photos and you could probably identify your set from them.
Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Tue 08, 2008 11:30 am 

Please show me a picture, the set may have an Imperial, Telefunken or some what chassis inside, I send you scans free,
if I have the schematic.
"Limone" sounds not german, Kuba had produced some sets in Canada with german chassis for the north american market.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Tue 08, 2008 3:53 pm 

George Guma wrote:
Hi Tony,

Kuba was a German manufacturer who made a limited number of console radio/phonographs in 1957/58. Most of the models used the same 10 tube radio model 832, while the cabinet kept changing appearance. There are 12 models listed at www.Radiomuseum.org where you can probably get a schematic, however, I would first try to find a model number on your set since a few of the units had a different model (#822) radio inside.
All the units listed in the Radiomuseum site have photos and you could probably identify your set from them.
Good luck

This is what I cam up with when I did a search on radiomuseum. I'll try to get some pics posted when I get the chance.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/kuba_limone.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2008 1:13 am 

You did a better job of searching than I. I only checked under Kuba. Did not think of looking under Limone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2008 1:39 pm 

SIXMILLION DOLLARMAN wrote:
Please show me a picture, the set may have an Imperial, Telefunken or some what chassis inside, I send you scans free,
if I have the schematic.
"Limone" sounds not german, Kuba had produced some sets in Canada with german chassis for the north american market.
:wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

These are some of the pics of the unit. Included are the name and serial # of the stereo. There is also a pic of the chassis which has a sticker on it which I presume to be the number you are looking for . I also noticed that it says that it's IMPERIAL. What soes this mean?

Thanks a bunch,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2008 3:02 pm 

I see, that it is a "modern" radio, because of the english writing
an export chassis (FM up to 108 MHz?).
I may have the schematic, but over the week-end I may find it. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2008 3:48 pm 

SIXMILLION DOLLARMAN wrote:
I see, that it is a "modern" radio, because of the english writing
an export chassis (FM up to 108 MHz?).
I may have the schematic, but over the week-end I may find it. :?

If I get a minute this weekend as well, I will take the chassis out of the stereo and see if I can get some better pictures of the chassis and tube layout. I'm not sure if all this can go well without un-soldering the wires for the turntable power off the primary of the transformer. I also noticed that the lights for the tuner are coming off the secondary of the transformer and they ARE NOT working. Might need to investigat further in this area. That is why I'm not too worried about taking the chassis out. Will have to eventually to do some tests on it while it's plugged in. Can't do it casue the backing has to be attached in order for the AC to make a connection to the chassis.

Let me know what you come up with. I am in no hurry and appreciate any help I get along the way. Thanks for your attention to this post.

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Wed 16, 2008 3:49 pm 

bump

Post subject: Kuba console radio
PostPosted: Jun Sat 26, 2010 9:29 pm 

I just picked up a Kuba hawaii 7000 console radio at a estate sale. It is similar to the Blaupunkt console with the martini bar. Would you like some pictures for your gallery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jun Sun 27, 2010 7:00 am 

Yes, please, and thank you!