Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Thu 28, 2021 6:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Look what I found in the garbage, RCA Victor RAE 79
PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 10:45 am 

That is cool!

toxicology wrote:
Lucy and Gar Pierce are buried in Willoughby Village Cemetery in Willoughby, OH.

Attachment:
pierce.JPG

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 12:53 am 

Just Googled the address in Cleveland, now a vacant lot.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 17, 2021 8:41 pm 

I don't know how the heck you shifted that beast. I once found an RGD console radio outside a house, in the rain, builders had tossed out. I had that, but getting it in my car, a Citroen 2cv, was damn hard, and your RCA looks huge! My car took it in it's stride. I loved that car. I always drove with the back seats out, could get a lot in! Must be lots of stories about rescues.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 17, 2021 10:11 pm 

bastardbus wrote:
Yes, I did some minor online research on Miss Pierce, interesting stuff. I wonder how it got to Toledo (Sylvania actually). I am not even sure I could remember the house this was at, it is in a sub division with probably 100 houses built by the same builder that all look the same if not identical. I did not pay much attention to the house at the time. I thought about finding it and knocking on the door to ask about it but they might have thought it as garbage and now to find it was only one of 500 made in 1931? Hmmm might backfire on me.

Still not sure what I am going to do with this beast. It is not the normal thing I am into but it is really cool. I do restore `50s-60-70s era phonographs as a hobby-side business so I do have the skills to do it but wondering if I feel like dealing with all the wiring and add ons in this thing. There is a LOT going on and I see a lot of solenoids and electrical switches that could be a lot more work then I want to invest in something like this. I have about 200 other players here and customers dropping stuff off all the time. Might ne something to pass on to a person who collects this era and has the time and passion to do it right.

I would still like to chat with some folks that have restored the changer, amp and tuner section or similar units to this one. If anybody has, drop me a PM and I can call you on my dime.

Thanks!
T

Great find and interesting story behind it. Thanks for posting.

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 64 posts ]  Moderator: sofaslug Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4